This is a 16 team single season league and we are at the TD of the 1967 season. We'll be entering the 8th season of the league. 

Team listed below is available. They will be one of the 4 teams in the lottery for the 1st round and should draft 3rd in the later rounds. It is a rebuilding project with a young Joe Morgan, Bill Singer, Fritz Peterson, and Tug McGraw to build around. We draft up to 35 players total with 10 AAA spots available to use. We start drafting immediately after the TD if all keepers are in and we draft off-the-clock unil the regular season is over. At that time we go on-the-clock so there is little down time between seasons.
If you have any questions LMK or if you want to look around in the private forum LMK and I'll give you access.

Thanks!
3/7/2013 11:28 AM (edited)

Team plays in Crosley Field but that can be changed

c-Dick Dietz
c-Andy Etchebarren
1b-Rusty Staub
1b-Eddie Mathews
2b-Paul Popovich
2b-Dick Green
ss-Gene Alley
of-Ken Berry
of-Roger Maris
of-Woodie Held

2b-Joe Morgan IR
of-Gary Geiger IR

pitchers;
Fritz Peterson
Bill Singer
Gerry Arrigo
Jim Brewer
Joe Hoerner
Cecil Upshaw
Al Jackson
Joe Gibbon
Dennis Ribant
Bruce Howard

Tug McGraw IR
Fred Gladding IR
Orlando Pena IR

3/7/2013 10:30 AM
Since this is a rebuilding project I will pay for your 2nd season if you stay on
3/7/2013 10:32 AM
I just wanted to add that this is the BEST of the prog leagues I play in.

Really my favorite for a whole bunch of reasons.

I joined in 1964 after it had been going for some years, and took over a team that had lost most of its starters and began to rebuild. Now it is 1967 and I won't win yet, but my team gave the frontrunners a scare for the first half of the season.  I am hoping to compete for a divisional title next season. This league is especially favorable for building up weak teams that need time to develop players and roster. 

Among other things, you can really build up a progressive team a little at at a time because you are allowed to draft up to 35 for your roster, keeping the other ten in AAA (we don't use normal AAA) which allows you to draft players that will be good in the future, use them sparingly to fill in here or there, but then have them in your lineup when they are ready. 

It is very competitive, lively, and fun.  bheid is a great commissioner. So sign up for the available team, and join our league in time for the "year of the pitcher" and then the end of the 60s ! 
3/7/2013 1:00 PM
I will take the team if you allow me to be in another of your progressive leagues.
3/7/2013 1:52 PM
Absolutely
3/7/2013 1:57 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.