3/7/2013 3:13 PM
.Dropped passes are way higher than 2.0.  I just dropped 5 in one game!!!  In my first game my star receiver dropped the gw td in the endzone.  Again drops cost me a game.  I'ts hard enough to pass in this new format.  How come the defenses don't drop all those interceptions.?    Anyone else agree?
3/8/2013 2:22 AM
Your comparing to the joke 2.0 version? Where offenses throw 65 times a game and run 5 times? Where I face the shotgun and they go 6 for 6 in a drive? No surprises in the offense and there unstoppable at times. That version?
3/8/2013 5:22 AM
Honestly I see no problem in the passing game, but I do see how coaches that started during 2.0 would disagree. I believe most would agree that passing was WAY to tough in 1.0, then 2.0 overcompensated. I think 3.0 has found a happy medium. Just my .2...
3/8/2013 12:04 PM
Posted by coach_deen on 3/8/2013 5:22:00 AM (view original):
Honestly I see no problem in the passing game, but I do see how coaches that started during 2.0 would disagree. I believe most would agree that passing was WAY to tough in 1.0, then 2.0 overcompensated. I think 3.0 has found a happy medium. Just my .2...
Passing was not too tough in 1.0, it's just that very few coaches chose to pass when the run was overly deterministic which allowed more consistency if you had superior talent.  Still, NCs were won with passing teams.

It's harder to pass successfully in 3.0 than 1.0 due to sack% and int% being ratcheted up.  And once they fix the QB scramble bug, there will be one less successful passing outcome.
3/8/2013 3:48 PM
Posted by slid64er on 3/8/2013 12:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coach_deen on 3/8/2013 5:22:00 AM (view original):
Passing was not too tough in 1.0, it's just that very few coaches chose to pass when the run was overly deterministic which allowed more consistency if you had superior talent.  Still, NCs were won with passing teams.

It's harder to pass successfully in 3.0 than 1.0 due to sack% and int% being ratcheted up.  And once they fix the QB scramble bug, there will be one less successful passing outcome.
I agree with this. I dont think passing in 1.0 was too hard, I think running was too easy so "everyone" did it I liked passing in 1.0, especially since it was easier to recruit WR's.

So far, 3.0 has nerfed passing, mainly in ratcheting the degree of difficulty in compl %, int rate, and sack rate. But I am still open this may be overcome by better talent; although with comparable talent, running seems to be easier in 3.0.

What is standing out some, are the results bleeding toward the "balanced" and making the extremes more difficult. My point being, some seem not to be able to run in WB, and can't pass out of SG. Because of the QB rush issue, there is an unrealistic ability to run out of SG. So far have not seen anyone (including me) trying to pass out of WB. But the results seem to be "normal" out of the I and Pro. Have not read anything about NDB. My Trips passing is crap, but the rushing seems to be a bit high -- both QB and RB. 
3/8/2013 4:06 PM
Passing is still in the works for 3.0.  Don't take the current results as any indication of how tough or easy it will be to pass in 3.0.  I'm currently rebuilding the base of each play so I can better adjust the play results. Once that seems solid (probably early next week), I will be working on the rest of the play for rushing and then for passing.  So overall trends in passing or rushing are good to look at right now, but we will be adjusting the final results quite a bit during this first beta season.  Yardage and percentages are going to be changing for rushing and passing.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.