$100 Gift Certificate up for grabs Topic

We have 3 openings (maybe more, I'm not sure who's staying) in the D2 Tark MIAA. 2 of them are on my side of the conference. 

If anyone is interested in taking one over, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm offering $100 gift certificate to the first person who is able to beat me in both regular season meetings. For the record, charley did this just this season, so it's very doable.

Either way just come join the MIAA in Tark, I need people who are looking to join forces with SW Baptist, the team with the most NC game appearances all time in Tark (13)!
3/8/2013 2:02 AM
If I had a team in Tark, I would definitely give this a try. I'm sure someone will take on the challenge though...
3/8/2013 2:29 AM
if i saw this before i got accepted at a new school, i might have given it a try
3/8/2013 7:23 AM
A little snobbish aren't we?
3/8/2013 11:29 AM
aejones-you do know that even a blind squirel gets kicked in the nuts now and then.
3/8/2013 12:39 PM
Posted by Reisscards on 3/8/2013 11:29:00 AM (view original):
A little snobbish aren't we?
I don't think so. Did you look at his record with SW Baptist? If you don't want to try for the C-note, don't. If you are eligible and think you can take him down a peg, go for it...
3/8/2013 1:25 PM
jonesy, if I pick up one of those teams and it takes me 20 seasons to accomplish, do I still get the hunny?
3/8/2013 1:26 PM
i bet jonesy a hundred dollar GC (or was it 10??) once, i lost. i wont even say what the bet was, its too embarrassing :O i will say, for most coaches, winning that hundred bucks really wont be easy. jonesy - that apply to new coaches only, or existing MIAA coaches? seems it would be unfair to the new guys, too much work to do building up their program to get on par with the existing coaches.
3/8/2013 1:29 PM
what about the opening in the other division? they dont get to play?
3/8/2013 1:30 PM
Posted by gillispie on 3/8/2013 1:29:00 PM (view original):
i bet jonesy a hundred dollar GC (or was it 10??) once, i lost. i wont even say what the bet was, its too embarrassing :O i will say, for most coaches, winning that hundred bucks really wont be easy. jonesy - that apply to new coaches only, or existing MIAA coaches? seems it would be unfair to the new guys, too much work to do building up their program to get on par with the existing coaches.
I don't know, about a week ago I found out I have 162k reward points and that I can use those to buy seasons, so I guess i'll give it to both-- if Charley does it again, I'll send it to him, but I'll reserve another $100 GC for a new coach this season.

As for the other half of the bracket, I couldn't think of a task that would be difficult enough (I suppose I could just offer it to any new coach that wins the NT or makes the final four or something) and still accomplishable in the relatively short term.
3/8/2013 2:24 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 3/8/2013 1:26:00 PM (view original):
jonesy, if I pick up one of those teams and it takes me 20 seasons to accomplish, do I still get the hunny?
yes
3/8/2013 2:25 PM
Ae - that is almost enticing enough to make me leave Nebraska Wesleyan. If it was any other world I would do it.
3/8/2013 3:22 PM
I'd almost take the B- team as Rock is a good recruiter, but in the few seasons we shared in SoCal, I never beat you twice despite winning 2NT.  Just don't see it happening for me.  Good to luck anyone who takes it on.
3/8/2013 7:19 PM
Bump, one opening on each side of the conference now, and West Texas A&M beat me once last year and took me to overtime in the second game...
4/9/2013 4:11 PM
You should do this in Phelan...
4/9/2013 7:53 PM
12 Next ▸
$100 Gift Certificate up for grabs Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.