Openings in Wooden CCIW Topic

Only conference among top 6 in RPI with any openings.  We were 4th in RPI last season. 

Three openings right now, including Illinois Wesleyan.  They run motion/FCP and will have 7 seniors next season.  Easy program to rebuild with that scholarship money and the tournament cash. 
3/8/2013 2:17 PM
Posted by aghander on 3/8/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Only conference among top 6 in RPI with any openings.  We were 4th in RPI last season. 

Three openings right now, including Illinois Wesleyan.  They run motion/FCP and will have 7 seniors next season.  Easy program to rebuild with that scholarship money and the tournament cash. 
That's not entirely true actually.

Minnesota has one opening currently, and Carleton will be opening up next season due to dac dropping some of his teams. Midwest also has one opening. 

But, you can't really go wrong with any of these conferences. 

3/8/2013 2:25 PM
Sorry.  We're not a strong research conference.
3/8/2013 2:27 PM
Also, we're not offering any gift certificates.  Just wanted to get that out there.
3/8/2013 2:30 PM
Posted by aghander on 3/8/2013 2:30:00 PM (view original):
Also, we're not offering any gift certificates.  Just wanted to get that out there.
Hmmm...aejones is in Minnesota. He's a pretty generous guy it seems. Maybe he'll offer some rewards to lure coaches over to Minnesota... how bout it jones?
3/8/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by pepwaves on 3/8/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):

Minnesota has one opening currently, and Carleton will be opening up next season due to dac dropping some of his teams. Midwest also has one opening. 

We'll add that Oglethorpe is going to be open in the USA South, proud spitter in the face of the notion of a "big 4" by sending two teams to the final four and finishing 2nd in conference RPI.

For the record, it's has to officially be a "big seven" now.
3/10/2013 12:13 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 3/10/2013 12:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 3/8/2013 2:25:00 PM (view original):

We'll add that Oglethorpe is going to be open in the USA South, proud spitter in the face of the notion of a "big 4" by sending two teams to the final four and finishing 2nd in conference RPI.

For the record, it's has to officially be a "big seven" now.
speaking of Big 7, final conference prestiges are out that support this statement:

1.     Midwest Conference     B     205-154     .5784     .5772
2.     USA South Athletic Conference     B-     198-152     .5743     .5700
3.     Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference     B-     189-162     .5652     .5632
4.     New Jersey Athletic Conference     B-     199-156     .5669     .5618
5.     Upstate Collegiate Athletic Conference     B     191-157     .5611     .5603
6.     College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin     B-     192-159     .5610     .5538
7.     Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association     B-     179-163     .5355     .5315

Second decimal is the RPI, first is SOS

3/10/2013 12:16 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, I think it might be fair to say there is a "BIg 7" now. I actually admitted as much to another coach in a sitemail earlier today. I don't think I've ever seen 7 conferences with a B- prestige or better in D3.

Has anyone else?

3/10/2013 8:24 PM
Richard Stockton should open up in the New Jersey conference as well - unless the ghost shipping coach there bought a 10-pack
3/11/2013 1:22 AM
Posted by pepwaves on 3/10/2013 8:24:00 PM (view original):

As much as I hate to admit it, I think it might be fair to say there is a "BIg 7" now. I actually admitted as much to another coach in a sitemail earlier today. I don't think I've ever seen 7 conferences with a B- prestige or better in D3.

Has anyone else?

not yet. 

upstate has been there for 50+ seasons
Michigan has been there for 30+ seasons
Midwest has been there 20+ seasons

so lets just hold off on any major name changes.  lets see these newbies hold their weight for a few seasons.  Minnesota is the newest inductee (after the NAC disbanded) and we had to give them a while to break through and show they could win over the long haul.

the "big 4" is  a prestigious thing in wooden. 

3/11/2013 1:54 PM
Posted by mrpolo09 on 3/11/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 3/10/2013 8:24:00 PM (view original):

Has anyone else?

not yet. 

upstate has been there for 50+ seasons
Michigan has been there for 30+ seasons
Midwest has been there 20+ seasons

so lets just hold off on any major name changes.  lets see these newbies hold their weight for a few seasons.  Minnesota is the newest inductee (after the NAC disbanded) and we had to give them a while to break through and show they could win over the long haul.

the "big 4" is  a prestigious thing in wooden. 

You make a good point. Perhaps we'll have to give the mid-major conferences more than 1-2 seasons to prove they belong in a group that has existed for 20+ seasons.

I suppose I was a little quick on the trigger for a name change. ;)

3/11/2013 2:22 PM
Us "newbies" are so hurt... :(

I frankly don't care if we have reached the level to warrant an official name change, obviously my personal teams' success means more, but when over 3 or 4 seasons the same 7 conferences have finished in some order 1-7 in conference RPI, it's pretty significant. What is fun though is throwing the established order out of whack, and when (and I say this with all due respect to the great coaches of the Upstate and especially to KB who is maybe the best DIII coach in WIS) the Upstate is a complete non factor in the NT I'd say things have been at least a little bit thrown out of whack. And man o man is it fun!
3/11/2013 4:13 PM
two openings left!
3/14/2013 1:08 PM
Openings in Wooden CCIW Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.