All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > This could be a major problem...
3/9/2013 2:19 PM
I have 2 teams, one in Bava & one in Argento. Both are using the same formations and playbooks. Problem is when I make a change it makes it for both teams. Kind of makes it hard to make adjustments! (LOL)
3/9/2013 3:22 PM
I realized that a while back-I just figured you would need to copy the playbooks and use one per world. Could mean having quite a number of playbooks.
We could all turn into Bill Walsh's, from when he finished his coaching career at Stanford and had 20 years of plays (developed with at the NFL level) to draw from.
3/10/2013 2:03 PM
It does make it a little harder with two teams, but it can also make it easier.  If you are building formations to accomplish one particular thing and you build playbooks to accomplish one particular thing, then you can share those settings between teams, and if you adjust the playbook it should be valid for both teams within the context of what that playbook is for.  If on the other hand you set one playbook you have in mind for your Main playbook and you plan on adjusting that for your opponent, then yes you are going to need one Main playbook for each team.

My plan is to add a helper tool on the side that lists which playbooks you are using (have in your game plan) for all of your teams.  If you do want to keep certain playbooks team specific, you can't filter them right now, but you can name them, so I would prefix them with something that you can identify them with and if you use the prefix it will help in sorting them on the playbook page so they are grouped together.
3/14/2013 7:22 PM
Norbert, thanks for not pointing out that I should have figured that out on my own. It's appreciated! (LOL)
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > This could be a major problem...

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.