3/9/2013 3:17 PM
I just gave up 18 sacks in 25 pass attempts in my last game.  I have tested about 200 games and have never seen a passing td over 50 yards, by either team.  If this is even close to being finished, quarterbacks have been nullified.  Recruiting  receivers and quarterbacks is a thing of the past.  All teams have to run 95% of the time or get crushed.  This is not even close to Gridiron Dynasty, a game I have grown to love.  I don't know what this stuff is, but for a coach who likes to pass it is hugely dissapointing.
3/9/2013 3:25 PM
If the final result gets rid of the 65-70 pass attempts per game for one team, then good.
If I can blitz the hell out of someone that runs a strictly pass offense, with WRs used as RBs, good.
3/9/2013 4:00 PM
While I do agree that 18 sacks in 25 attempts is rediculous, what were your settings like?  I don't think this is anywhere near finished, but I also don't think you have to run 95% of the time to avoid being crushed.  While records don't matter here, I'm 5-1 with my only loss being by a TD to the #9 team, and in those 6 games, my run/pass ratio is 54% run, 46% pass.  I'd say that's actually pretty balanced, especially considering I have my playbook set up to run to eat clock if I'm leading late in a game or half, so if the game's close, it's probably more like 50/50.

In general, I don't thinks sacks are all that high either.  I've been sacked 23 times in 180 dropbacks.  That's only 13%.  I average 30 passes per game, and 23 sacks averages out to 3.8 sacks per game...  Doesn't seem super high to me...  maybe a tad high, but not extreme.  On the other hand, I'm averaging over 5.3 sacks per game, which DOES seem high, considering my blitz% is not higher than 10 across the board, so I guess the game maybe somehow takes coverage sacks into account with out actually knowing it?
3/9/2013 4:04 PM
I have been playing an nd box, with a blocking te.  Basically 6 lineman.
3/9/2013 4:08 PM
Here are my sack numbers.  In 6 games, getting 7 sacks a game, giving up 9.2!!!  WOW!!!
3/9/2013 4:12 PM

Maybe it's acutally an issue with NDBox, as I haven't heard anyone with anything good to say about that formation and it hasn't worked at all for me...  HMMMM.  I'll try to sim some ND box stuff later and maybe see some similar results.

3/9/2013 6:39 PM
I have been playing strictly NDB for the test. In 6 games I have attempted to pass 74 times and been sacked 13 times. Not too bad so far. You have to remember that in NDB if you are trying to throw too far downfield your targets will be covered. And you will be scrambling or getting sacked.
3/9/2013 6:54 PM
On 3/7/13 Norbert wrote:

I'm going to ask that testers hold off on testing specific game results, like sack percentage and rush yardage and those sorts.  I am in the middle of updating half of the engine and I know the results are going to be out of alignment until I work on the other half, but I want to push out the current updates to help fix the issues with games not running and other issues.

So maybe if you read the forum posts you would know what Norbert is working on and understand what is going to affect your stats.
3/10/2013 11:01 AM
Maybe I should be more patient.
3/10/2013 12:12 PM (edited)
I think it has more to do with your settings than anything. Perhaps your talent that you currently have. I normally like to have a balanced attack and it is simply not there. Everyone is enjoying a nice rushing attack and I simply cannot get it done with the team I chose. But my passing is off the charts. I will of tripled the entire world with 1 wide receiver. maybe quadripling the enitre world by the time the season is done.  I am really on to something.

There are a few things we can really take advantage of if we are clever.  
www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/Stats/PlayerLeaders.aspx

http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/Stats/PlayerLeaders.aspx?d=4

www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx

http://www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/PlayerProfile/Ratings.aspx?pid=119189

3/11/2013 6:26 AM
I love how everyone is defending the sim engine saying It must be something in my settings.  I have won 3 national championships, so I know how to win.  Currently, this engine is extremely messed up.  Just the fact that it's possible to get sacked 18 times is nuts.  I have given up 10 sacks at halftime of my next game in 16 attempts.  My qb has 1 td and 9 interceptions.  My team is bad, but so are alot of the other teams I am facing.  I am throwing only short and medium and am using 6 olineman, 1 te who is a great blocker.  It's bad science to examine data and try and find a reason why the results are not what the scientist wants, the test was faulty, or the tester did something wrong.  If I'm giving up 20 sacks a game, the sim engine is set up for that!!!  No explaining that away.
3/11/2013 11:27 AM
I can explain it away as the engine is currently being worked on right now and I've said as much.  I've had to rework some parts of the play simulation and the results are off until I can work on the rest of the play logic.  Please do not evaluate play results until I say they are ready.  Thanks.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.