O-Line Positioning Topic

Was wondering if the SIM recognizes O-Line positions such as LT/LG/C, etc, and if so how is it reflected in your depth chart? I'm assuming it would be #1 = Left tackle, #2 = Left guard, etc, so I'm curious to see if this is the case.

One more quick question: How many of you set your depth chart based upon the GUESS rankings of your players VS using your own formula to determine depth. Id' always used my own system until recently when I started going by the GUESS rankings except in cases where I had promised a start to a recruit, so interested in hearing your responses to this as well. Thanks for your time, looking forward to hearing your responses
3/10/2013 5:44 PM
The current version does not recognize differences in OL position. Version 3.0 gives more options. I use my own formulas and spreadsheets.
3/10/2013 5:59 PM
I use formulas that are either GUESS or something close.  I don't always start the guy who is best GUESS rating as I have certain attributes that I want on the field...so I'll put my guys in that order, with the overall GUESS rating as the "secondary' factor for setting the depth chart.  It really depends on the position and what type of offense/defense I'm running.

Example:  its nice to have a highly rated WR based on GUESS rating.....however, when running the Wishbone full time, I want a guy who can block....so I recruit guys who are the best blockers I can find, but still pretty high on the GUESS ratings....in an attempt to maximize what I want...but not sacrifice too much of the other attributes.

Each position has core attributes and you have to decide which of those you value the most for the various positions and your style of play.
3/10/2013 6:12 PM
Like katz and Harris, I use GUESS and my own system and then make the call if there's a conflict. Pretty amazing how sometimes the two don't agree at all. I've had some success (although not as much as those 2 guys) so I know my system is valid.

My GUESS recruiting classes and my overall GUESS rating has always predicted that I was gonna be worse than I actually turned out, so that's either due to my own recruiting system or my game planning or both.

My advice is to use your own system in conjunction with GUESS. There will always be recruits that GUESS says are just ok, but you will grade out better and therefore there won't be a lot of coaches on him. Of course, the good coaches (see above) will show on these guys sometimes... :)
3/11/2013 11:32 PM
O-Line Positioning Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.