Boxing Topic

There are already some boxing simulations to be found in online, video game and board game versions. 

I think a boxing game would be great here at WIS. 

I would suggest the following:

Two versions - one more similar to say SIM Baseball, the other more similar to Hardball Dynasty

In the first owners have to field a "team" of historical and currently active fighters, several at each weight group. There is a budget that is the same for all owners. So you can have Muhammad Ali, or Sugar Ray Robinson, Jack Dempsey or whomever, but with boxers at that level the budget will not leave much to compete in other divisions. So choices need to be made. 

In the other, owners have a gym, recruit and develop fighters ranging from long-time veterans to those without even a first fight. 

In both of course the objective is to win championships. But some way of working out a kind of "team standings" could be formulated allowing for the best "gyms" to compete for a team championship as well as the individual ones. 

I think there would be a lot of interest. 
3/11/2013 8:39 AM
Boxing Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.