Type A Free Agent Question Topic

I lost the 28, 48th and 63rd picks by signing two Type A FA's.

But I picked up the 30th, 43rd and 45th picks because two of my former guys, Type A's, were signed.

Because of an injury, I'm considering sining another Type A guy.  we're 14 games into the season.

If i sign him, which picks will I lose?
3/11/2013 2:47 PM
Something's not adding up.

If you signed two Type A's, you would not lose three draft picks.  You would only lose two.  Which, based on last season's record, would have been your natural first and second round picks.

If you sign another Type A, you would lose your natural third round pick.

You cannot lose comp picks that you gain from other owners signing your departed Type A's.
3/11/2013 2:58 PM
Hey moe,

You didn't "lose" your 43rd and 45th picks.  Those are comp picks gained by other teams when you signed their Type A FAs.

You would lose the 3rd round pick you have.  I don't think you'd lose the Type D pick you have in the 2nd round. (someone confirm?)
3/11/2013 3:09 PM

Tec,

Draft Order page say I gained the 30th pick, because Norfolk signed Clayton Rollins.  I assume that was their 1st round pick.  I also have the 1* 43rd, which is credited to Norfolk signing Clayton Rollins.  I got the 1* 45 pick because Cleveland signed Buzz Andrews.  I also got the 100th pick because of the same signing.

The 28th pick (my 1st round choice) went to Jacksonville because I signed Victor Lee.  Louisville got the 1* 48th pick because I signed Wilkin Johnson.  Jacksonville  also got the 1* 63rd pick because of my Lee signing.  didn't mean to say that I lost them, just that somebody else got them.

What did I mess up?  Am I reading this wrong because we're so far from the draft?

Can you open this?
http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/GM/AmateurDraftOrder.aspx

3/11/2013 3:11 PM
Pick 28 is conferred from you to JAX because you signed their type A.
Pick 30 is conferred from NOR to you because they signed your type A.
Pick 43 (or thereabouts, you won't be able to see until draft order is set) is a compensation pick created de novo for you due to the type A signing.  Same with pick 45.  Similarly, pick 63 is created for JAX due to your signing of Lee.
Pick 100 is probably Cleveland's natural 3rd rounder, conferred to you because someone else got their 2nd rounder for another type A signing.

As tec said, you have lost your first and second rounders due to your prior type A signings, and you do not lose picks you acquire from other teams' signings when you make further type A signings.  You will lose your natural 3rd round pick if you sign another type A.

3/11/2013 3:31 PM
Thanks guys
3/11/2013 4:40 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't players lose their TypeA/B designation after the season starts? 
3/11/2013 5:32 PM
Once draft prospects drop, you pay no penalty for signing any FA.
3/11/2013 5:35 PM
Thanks.
3/11/2013 5:40 PM
Type A Free Agent Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.