I just put out an update to help with several things on pages and in the engine. Starters should be pulled into the game and get credit correctly. Red shirt players should not enter games nor be able to be designated as starters. It also should remove the starter designation for any player that you red shirt. There were a couple bugs fixed in the engine, so we'll keep an eye on any games that don't run.
As for the engine and testing game results...
They are still not ready to look to critically at the results. I've updated the blocking match up logic and you can see more about it in the post I made about PBP Debug. From here, I will update the logic that handles tackle attempts for rushing, receiving, and scrambling, adjusting each as they need to differ. After that, I will update the tackle break logic, or tackling logic, for those three parts of the game.
Once I think rushing is set, I'll post to help get some feedback from your testing, and then work on the passing game. The passing game will involve reviewing the pass pressure logic as well as probably rewriting the pass coverage logic (not too thrilled about it and the new code I just put in will help build that in a better way).
Then again, I'll ask for feedback on the passing numbers. At that point, it should mostly just be adjusting numbers in the engine where we find things too low or too high, and that will include the special teams plays as well.
I'm shooting to get the rushing part of this ready to be scrutinized again by Friday, so we have something for the weekend.