A simple, useful change Topic

Currently, coaches do not get their recruiting money until the world turns over several days after the tournament finishes.  This means that if you don't have enough recruiting money left over from the previous season to use FSS in your target states, you just sit around wasting time until the money comes in - time when you could be evaluating recruits, not just watching "Chopped" re-runs.  ("Chopped" is a great show, but still.)

I understand that it would be harmful to allow a coach to use a bunch of recruiting money for FSS and then bolt for another job having scouted states in the area where he is going.  So how about this: a coach can ask for his recruiting budget any time after the dance ends, with the understanding that if he does, he can't change jobs during that off-season.  There could be a standard message: "You CANNOT change jobs this off-season if you take your recruiting money now.  With this in mind, are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want the money now?"  Click the button, get the dough, start evaluating recruits.

It just irks me that I'll have a limited time on Monday/Tuesday to look over the recruits in Rupp, when if I could just get the budget now I could already be doing it.  It is not like I am changing jobs; I am at both of my jobs for the foreseeable future.

What do you think?
3/15/2013 3:56 PM
Good idea to limit the boredom time when a season ends, and your plan deals with the potential issue too.
3/15/2013 5:55 PM
I love this idea but I just don't see them adopting it... At least not anytime soon. 
3/15/2013 7:43 PM
this idea has been floated before generally with favorable feedback. Biggest problem is that WiS doesn't seem to be doing anything with the game, let alone something that might require a decent amount of reprogramming (I'm no computer expert)...
3/15/2013 7:48 PM
I think the changes to code would be fairly simple. No doubt a good idea without any real drawbacks, and some clear positives.
3/15/2013 7:50 PM
"You CANNOT change jobs this off-season if you take your recruiting money now.  With this in mind, are you ABSOLUTELY SURE you want the money now?"?
This is what makes it.  Maybe that failsafe has been floated before but I haven't seen it.  I agree that it would be a pretty simple, straightforward, positive change.
3/15/2013 7:54 PM
I see no downside.
3/15/2013 7:58 PM
Terrific idea!
3/16/2013 12:46 AM
So much for the topic not being thread jacked!
3/16/2013 5:52 AM
I stopped reading the lengthy argument posts, but the original poster's idea is fantastic. No downside to that change that I can see.
3/16/2013 7:38 AM
threadjack level:  expert
3/16/2013 8:55 AM
What were we talking about again?
3/16/2013 10:23 AM
Wait a second....girls play this game?  What are you wearing?
3/16/2013 10:36 AM
good idea +1
3/16/2013 11:10 AM
Done, just woke up or I would have done it earlier. As I said..the idea is definitely a good one. 
3/16/2013 12:47 PM
12 Next ▸
A simple, useful change Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.