What would coaches think of building a new recruiting approach around a 'draft' structure?

The benefit would be UNC might get the 1st pick, but then might not get to pick again until maybe 51 (or 40 or 60 or 320 or maybe depending on how many openings they have???), and then not again until later.   It would encourage more balanced classes and give near everyone a chance at some pretty good players.

It would eliminate all cheating & all bad blood between coaches.

It might even be fun?

3/15/2013 6:58 PM
This isn't for the college game... I think that the worlds should be linked to a corresponding NBA or professional league, but that's probably way too ambitious. Back to your idea, college is about recruiting, not some fantasy draft.
3/15/2013 7:10 PM
I vote no completely. Why are we recruiting if that is what would happen?
3/15/2013 7:12 PM
Posted by ryan75 on 3/15/2013 6:58:00 PM (view original):
What would coaches think of building a new recruiting approach around a 'draft' structure?

The benefit would be UNC might get the 1st pick, but then might not get to pick again until maybe 51 (or 40 or 60 or 320 or maybe depending on how many openings they have???), and then not again until later.   It would encourage more balanced classes and give near everyone a chance at some pretty good players.

It would eliminate all cheating & all bad blood between coaches.

It might even be fun?

i think it could be interesting, but i dont see how to do it, logistically. to get 100+ human coaches drafting, youd have to do it at the same time - staggered, would take forever. and even with like 5m/pick, which forces people to be pretty attentive (or get screwed pretty hard pretty easily), that is 500m/round probably a few full rounds, thats like 18 hours.
3/15/2013 7:18 PM
I thought recruiting started at 601pm EST?
3/15/2013 7:50 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.