Making sense of "word on the street" Topic

Under another ID, I have two players I'm recruiting. Both are within 100 miles of me and I put the exact same number of HVs, CVs and scouting trips into them. Both are now considering only me, yet one is "very solid," while the other "may not be a priority."

The only difference is that another school was on one of them for the first few cycles before backing off.

Do you think this is the difference? Or is there more to the "word on the street" than just straight up numbers?

Just curious, since, as we all know, having a player labeled "low priority" is like having a target taped to your forehead,

3/16/2013 9:02 PM
it could be the impact of having another team on him prior, also, recruits have some variance built in, so identical effort does not necessary guarantee identical results. 

low priority is not necessarily a bad thing. If someone has a lot of openings and a lot of low priority targets that likely means there is a big war chest ready to defend as needed...
3/16/2013 9:11 PM

Higher ranked players require more effort to be very solid than lower ranked players. There is a big difference in effort required between the #1 player and a #100 ranked player at their position. This could be the situation here. I just about never make a player a high priority because of the reason dacj said.

3/16/2013 11:20 PM
Guess I never thought it through... always figured it was straight up decided by amount of effort. Makes sense, though. The "very solid" guy in question is lower rated overall.  Good information.

As for strategy, this is for a mid-level team in a bottom feeder conference. I've found myself swarmed by D prestige schools with inexperienced coaches the last couple of seasons... the "low priority" message seems to attract them like a porch light. It can be a real cash drain and leaves you exposed to serious threats... anyway, thanks!
3/17/2013 1:31 AM
TIME SENSITIVE Question: How many CV's would it take an A- D1 school to get tight with a top 10 position player?
3/17/2013 11:33 AM
Posted by m4284850 on 3/17/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
TIME SENSITIVE Question: How many CV's would it take an A- D1 school to get tight with a top 10 position player?
It isn't so much that they still can't have a warchest to defend said player... Hi m4284850 
3/17/2013 11:49 AM
Posted by buddhagamer on 3/17/2013 11:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by m4284850 on 3/17/2013 11:33:00 AM (view original):
It isn't so much that they still can't have a warchest to defend said player... Hi m4284850 
Lol it's not you that I'm talking about buddha (or I would've asked HV's, instead of CV's), I don't wanna mess with the mighty buckeyes!
3/17/2013 11:56 AM
Making sense of "word on the street" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.