So I would like to start playing HBD but want to read more about it first. However I don't see a FAQs page so I was wondering if there was anything ever posted or something that would give me a lot of basic info on the game. Thanks
3/17/2013 9:59 AM
Find a mentor or two to help bounce questions off of too.
3/17/2013 3:09 PM
Posted by nesman on 3/17/2013 3:09:00 PM (view original):
Find a mentor or two to help bounce questions off of too.
This.
3/17/2013 6:42 PM
Also for a good read there is a long term post with the topic something like WKRP in Cincinnati, where an owner takes over a poor team and rebuilds it.  It's good for thought process and some of the how's and why's of doing things.  But absolutely get a mentor, and run every trade, or roster move past them.  To many people take on a team for the first time, get ripped apart on trades with experienced owners that look good on paper, and lose interest.  We just had a person give up in one of the leagues I'm in only a week into the season.  Its a fair amount of time commitment prior to season start, and around the draft.  But there are a lot of good owners who will be happy to mentor you.  Good luck.
3/20/2013 2:03 PM
tecwrg is a great mentor for anyone. I've had him since I started 4 seasons ago. He knows what is going on
3/21/2013 10:08 AM
tecwrg's very good.  If you don't mind a little acerbic wit, MikeT is also very knowledgeable, but I can't speak for eithers ability to give you time.  If worse came to worse they would likely direct you to another long term owner who belongs to the mentor group.
3/21/2013 4:17 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.