I jumped over to GD while waiting between seasons about two months ago. I'm a bigger football fan than I am basketball. GD was not very captivating to me, which was surprising!
4/1/2013 4:46 PM
I'm just as much of a football fan as a basketball fan, and was bored with GD. I guess I like the particular sports for different reasons, and a football simulator doesn't appeal to me as much. 
4/1/2013 5:37 PM
I can recruit and run seasons until I'm blue in the face with a good college football game, i.e. NCAA Football 2004, my personal fave.

GD just isn't good, the layout is a lot more cumbersome than HD, and IMO it's too intricate for its own good.  A lot of it seems glitchy too, like you can "game" the sim...either super pass or super run teams (not sure which was one was/is more trendy) are successful...the ND Box offense was created/included by jconte, who went to ND (I think) and played GD under the irish99 alias for a bit until people noticed, and that seems to work if you know how to use it.  I know they're doing their beta right now, but I saw a thread where WRs ran the ball 61 times for 1 team in 1 game...I mean, that's so ludicrous why even bother playing?

Success in GD seems to be formulated on finding the new glitch(es) or trendy offense/defense/gameplan whereas to me, success in HD is based on recruiting and coaching, which at their cores are a lot more solid than those of GD.  GD is more or less a boring crapshoot to me.

4/2/2013 12:31 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.