I just recently started doing a rebuild with Pittsburg State in Bryant.  I am considering balancing classes with 22-3-22-3 ect.  Just curious from ppl who have done this or something similar what they enjoyed, didnt enjoy.  Dont know how I feel about having a really small class like 3 but would love to have a starting lineup of all Seniors.  
3/17/2013 6:54 PM
I prefer the 17-16-17-0.
3/18/2013 3:11 PM
I've tried spacing out classes this way, and the pros are obvious, it gives you a good 2-3 years of top knotch guys that have had a lot of playing time.

The negative side of it - and the reason I stopped doing it - is being stuck with those big classes (especially when going big-small-big-small like you mentioned) it sets you up in a position during recruiting to HAVE to sign 4-5 OL for example.  If you happen to be in that particular year and it's a bad OL class, or for whatever reason you can't pull off that many people in one position (which is VERY possible) you're screwed, because you don't have that next season to fill in those gaps.  You have to wait TWO years and hope the same thing doesnt happen again.

Just my two cents from taking over a team in that type of situation.  Not fun.  Just my personal opinion, but anytime you stick yourself in a position to have to recruit out of desperation instead of looking for the best available players for the best price, you're gonna be in bad shape.

3/20/2013 10:48 AM
Posted by porkbellybob on 3/17/2013 6:54:00 PM (view original):
I just recently started doing a rebuild with Pittsburg State in Bryant.  I am considering balancing classes with 22-3-22-3 ect.  Just curious from ppl who have done this or something similar what they enjoyed, didnt enjoy.  Dont know how I feel about having a really small class like 3 but would love to have a starting lineup of all Seniors.  
With this current engine, IMO it's the way to go.  22 4-year starters are a handful for the other teams in your division.

3/20/2013 11:37 AM
I agree with bhouska ....I've got a 25 recruit Senior class of all guys I recruited on my Florida A&M team in Stagg. I'll start with the PROS- Top rated class for all of D-1AA, I beat top rated D-1 teams in pre season, I've dominated teams during the junior and senior years of my recruiting class. The large class allows you to battle almost anyone including in my case lower D-1 teams for top recruits and gives me a deep talented class. CONS- hard to fill all available scholarships with top talent. The small classes allow you to be bullied for top talent in your area. The first two seasons of a 25 recruit class can be rough as players develop. Overall I've enjoyed it. I will update on this depending on how my season finishes but the ways its headed if I make it to the National championship, well then I would consider it a success.
3/21/2013 1:42 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.