Posted by rednation58 on 3/19/2013 2:53:00 PM (view original):
dang ... how did i miss that... no wonder some of these coaches had all international teams.
i took a poll and 1 out of 50 respondents said they used letters - and the coach wasnt aware the advantage was nearly what it was. so im not sure it was as wide spread as one might think. i thought it would be - it used to be common knowledge that letters and calls were THE tool to use at distance, but then old admin made it so you couldnt send unlimited calls/letters anymore, but internationals never got changed. i guess most people just never tried to see if ALL players had been changed, or just most of them. actually, the calls/letters got major publicity (if you can call it that) when pulldowns were removed from the game - but it came out you could still use calls/letters to pull players down quite easily. it was discussed reasonably extensively at the time, how calls/letters had always been useful in pulldowns and recruiting at distance - over 1400 miles or whatever, they have always (at least 5 years) been the tool of choice.
anyway, just goes to show, its always worth double checking what CS tells you. once you check enough of it, you realize that 80% of it is not completely right (usually there is a nugget of truth, hidden somewhere within), and the other 20%, is just plain misleading.