letters, we've got letters Topic

First-year Tennessee football coach Butch Jones is learning the lay of the SEC land pretty quickly. On Monday, 102 letters showed up at the residence of recruit Stanton Truitt. All 102 were from the Volunteers. Truitt told ESPN that Jones almost owed his parents a new mailbox.

“When I went to open it (his mailbox), it would not budge. I pulled it down, and then some of the letters were hanging out, but they were all tied together by a rubber band.

“I was thinking there was no way these came from the same school. But I kept pulling on them and I thought the mailbox was going to break, but when I got them out I found out that all 102 of them were from Tennessee! It was crazy.”

Truitt said that the letters were inspirational, and each letter would say something different like “Stanton, we love you,” or “Vol Nation.”

Truitt, who is being recruited by Tennessee as a slot receiver/cornerback had 1,420 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns, averaging 10.5 yards a carry. He also passed for 812 yards and nine touchdowns.

According to 247Sports, Truitt has offers from 19 schools, including SEC schools Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Arkansas.

The previous high for the most received Truitt has received in one day was 12 from Vanderbilt.

3/20/2013 8:45 AM
doesn't he know that they capped the effectiveness of letters past a certain point...
3/20/2013 9:31 AM
letters, we've got letters Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.