A mistake...ends up being a good decision? Topic

I'm sure this isn't very strange. I know I have a good QB and good WR's. But I'm up against a decent SimAI team (according to Guess) and since I had to come from behind I accidentaly left my comeback gameplan in there for the first half. First score 63 yard rush by my qb for a TD. 31-7 first half with the other teams only score being a pick 6. I thought that this game was skewed towards running the ball? 
3/21/2013 2:50 AM
http://www.whatifsports.com/gd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=4148468 the box so far. 
3/21/2013 2:50 AM
This game is NOT skewed towards running.   It is skewed towards passing...maybe 60-40 in favor of the passing game....

I think that your "mistake" is somewhat common.  Some coaches are not good at "experimentation" in this game, so you just conducted an "experiment" and found something that appears to work.  There are certain combinations that work very well and very consistently in this game.  There are other combinations that you think should work, but just don't (for whatever reason).

If you have the right talent at the right positions, you can take advantage of certain teams.  In this case a SIM is not going to play a prevent type defense...its going to play something balanced or maybe even towards the run.  A human may or may not do that.

I know of at least one coach who takes huge gambles with his gameplanning on both sides of the ball.  Others hardly change a thing and just overpower you with talent.  Many (and this might be you...) have several gameplans, which mix things up and keep the opponent off balance and guessing.  If one plan does not work, another kicks in or you make a change at the half.  Most teams cannot do well at everything, so if you have a variety of approaches you can likely find the hole in the other teams approach.
3/21/2013 9:28 AM
That is my intent...it is interesting, because in my conference the pass run ratio is much lower then even mine has been previously.  A lot of people on here have been really helpful, particularly fake lou holtz. Experimentation is why I really am bummed I was two days late on getting in on the beta. Not that it can be used in current worlds. 
3/21/2013 9:44 AM
A mistake...ends up being a good decision? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.