7Mickey7 had an owner with the alias ewal drop just as our new season began, from one of the other owners research he has done this as well in another league.  Both times he has traded exceptional value players for middling returns and given out cash.  We vetoed on trade and he shortly disappeared.  Does anyone know if this is an alias used by a current owner?  Have you had any run-ins with this?  We are looking for a replacement owner, and are figuring out what to do about a roster move that was made prior to the drop where he let an A+ career SS site unassigned and he fell back to the other team.  We have pretty much settled on who ever ended up with him, will swap him back for a tray full of cheese once the new owners in there. 

The third franchise he owns doesn't seem to have had the same issues, but it might be happening at this point.  Seems like either a complete noob screw up,  (although we strongly suggestted getting a mentor) or its someone who gets their jollies screwing up worlds.

Please take note and if the former, help the owner, if the latter, lets see if we can get the ip blocked.
3/21/2013 4:15 PM
I took a look at the two trades he made in 7Mickey7.  Neither one seemed particularly one sided.  The only cash I saw was $600k that he received in one trade.

Rice Not Lynn is a slightly different story.  He made six trades, four of which were with one particular owner, and he received a total of $4.8m in cash.  But again, none of those deals appeared to involve impact players or were seriously one sided.

As far as I can tell, nothing suspicious.  Just somebody who picked up a couple of HBD teams, decided he didn't care for the game, and bailed.

Which is the risk any world assumes when picking up a first-time owner.
3/21/2013 8:15 PM
I didn't think the deals he made in M7M were horrible.  Of course, we didn't see the vetoed deal.  That said, I'm always suspicious of new owners who trade a lot. 
3/21/2013 8:29 PM
in other words, tec is ewal.
3/21/2013 8:30 PM

tec?

3/21/2013 8:39 PM
Ewal sounds familiar.  Pretty sure I took over one of his messes in The Show
3/21/2013 8:54 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
The one veto was a cornerstone shortstop, he rated out to, if memory serves a project 86 or so, huge hitting numbers, strong glove and was in his first year as a 68 rated rookie with very good makeup, barring injury or total coaching f-up there was little way he wasn't getting close to his projectiions and even at 20 was ready for the bigs as he was.  Eval tried to trade him for a 30 something yr old pitcher and a 25 year old with a max 75 projection MIF who was still in the mid to high 60's, plus there was cash involved.  It was how to destroy the future 101.  What made me really suspicious was that he made one comment about being brand new, then proceeded to ignore everybody saying get a mentor and made trade attempt after trade attempt and each one made his team older and weaker.  Even when the world chat was decidedly against his throwing guys into trades until he had some experience, he kept at it.  It just smells like a duck.
3/22/2013 10:36 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.