Heisman Season 75 is now online.

3/22/2013 4:23 PM
Thanks Bob!
3/22/2013 4:47 PM
ty
3/22/2013 8:10 PM
Thanks my man!
3/22/2013 11:12 PM
What formula do you use for this? I have what I thought robe good recruiting classes in season 74&75 and they were ranked lower than I expected.. Just curious...maybe I need to change my recruiting targets? Or change my strategy?
3/23/2013 1:52 AM
Posted by dlion67 on 3/23/2013 1:52:00 AM (view original):
What formula do you use for this? I have what I thought robe good recruiting classes in season 74&75 and they were ranked lower than I expected.. Just curious...maybe I need to change my recruiting targets? Or change my strategy?
http://www.gdreports.com/GUESS/Weights.htm
Your overall recruiting technique is not bad.  In my opinion these are the changes in recruiting I would make. 
 You DB's are fast but cant cover at all.  I would rather take a bit slower DB's with good GI and Technique. 
 Technique is not as important as strength and Blocking of an OL, but a 2 at Technique makes the rest of your OL fall dramatically. They are all averaged together.
Your QB's strength is a little low and will limit your passing game to conservative.

Your sophmore class is much better than your freshman class.  Although GD is based more on the run than passing.  Your Soph TE blocking and strength are quite low.

Recruiting takes practice and experience, also these ratings are not perfect. in my opinion they put way too much emphasis on secondary attributes.  Take for example my Northern Iowa class.  My highest rated player by GUESS is Oscar Bell RB.  In reality he is horrible and will never touch the football in his 4 years.  At best he can play fullback and block.

My advice is to take a look at the top coach's teams, see what they value and mold your team around that.  Ask questions in the forums and even send coaches site mails asking questions.  Almost everyone is willing to help.

I wrote this thread a long time ago under my other ID,  a lot has changed since then but it will give you a good starting point.  Here is the link.  Hope it helps.http://whatifsports.com/forums/Posts.aspx?TopicID=388658

3/23/2013 10:26 AM
Thanks! Still somewhat new(3rd season) trying to get it all figured out
3/23/2013 5:01 PM
GUESS Reports Season 75 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.