Rule 5 Draft Roster Freeze Topic

In a bit of a situation (maybe)... have a player waiting assignment to the big league roster (recent trade) that I cannot assign to the big league roster UNTIL another player clears waivers and I demote him. The Rule 5 Draft Roster Freeze starts at the next cycle. I have 2 options... (1) Do nothing and hope that the player waiting assignment is not picked up in the Rule 5 due to his huge salary or (2) Assign the player to AAA b/c he still has 2 option years and suffer the possible ratings demotion.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?!?!?!
3/26/2013 12:13 AM
Does he have the red diamond next to his name?  

Designating the other player solves your problem either way.
3/26/2013 8:19 AM
I dont think you can designate once you waive a player and he is on the waiver wire, right?
3/26/2013 5:29 PM
Does he take a demotion hit if you assign him to your AAA team, compared to where he was with his previous employer? I didn't think that made any difference. I thought the only time a player suffered from demotional trauma was when he was demoted within an organization.
3/26/2013 5:58 PM
If its before the rule 5 draft you can demote freely without penalty.
3/29/2013 3:24 PM
Rule 5 Draft Roster Freeze Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.