Ok i'll just come out and admit i have no darn clue how Arbitration works and i havent played in awhile so i want to make sure i have this straight before it kicks off in my league.

I have 8-10 guys showing up for arbitration and out of them all I only really want to keep 2 of them.   

Am i forced to keep them all?   Is there a way to get ride of this dead weight and free up this money?    

Any help is appreciated as I just dont remember how this works! I really only want to keep 2 of these guys but dont know the best way to go about the others.

Thanks in advance.

3/26/2013 8:30 AM
Release them before arb day ends. 
3/26/2013 8:36 AM
On another note, if you're only keeping two, you're releasing some pretty good players. 
3/26/2013 8:39 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/26/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
On another note, if you're only keeping two, you're releasing some pretty good players. 
+1 
3/26/2013 8:45 AM
Well some good players have to go!  LOL     I only want the 2 young arms.   The previous owner over paid for my entire starting lineup so i have some work to do to get this thing turned around.     

Thanks so much and I'm so glad there is an OUT!

3/26/2013 8:53 AM
Try to make some trades.   Releasing good players is a losing proposition. 
3/26/2013 8:58 AM

Will definately try that first because i do need a catcher.  I'm just glad there is an out to 13 million dollars of guys i dont want.     I thought there was a way to let them go but just wanted to make sure.   The help section kinda makes it sound like i would of been forced to pay 70% of their salary.      

Thanks agian for the help

3/26/2013 9:02 AM
If they're only asking for 13m between 6 of them, releasing them is a horrible idea.   Trade them before arb or trade them after arb.    IIRC, there was really only 1 that had no value. 
3/26/2013 9:38 AM
Another question guys!

I did end up keeping 4 of them but i've traded away 2 others.   My question:    I dont think the trades will go thru until after arbitration so how does that affect the trade now?    I havent touched them and the teams i'm trading them to should have the final say in salary so what should i do?    

i appreciate the help.

3/28/2013 4:15 AM
Ask the teams receiving the players if they want you to sign them LT, arb them or leave them alone.    They should answer your question, not us.
3/28/2013 10:10 AM
Lui and Jones have bad contracts.  The rest are generally doable...
3/30/2013 9:51 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.