Max Contract Tie-Breaker Question Topic

I know max contract is 20 X 5years, 10 million signing bonus, no trade and player option.  I've also heard that for tiebreakers, coaching, ballpark factors, team success and loyalty to original team all count.

So does anyone know how the tiebreakers are weighted?  Also, on coaching, is it just hitting coach or a combination or hitting, FI, 3B, etc?  Finally, what happens if you haven't signed a hitting coach yet?  Is that make it a non-factor or a negative factor?

Thanks!
3/27/2013 12:03 PM
Napoleon Duff, anyone?
3/28/2013 2:57 PM
WifS has listed them.   They aren't correct.  So no one knows.

I say "They aren't correct" because teams without signed coaches have won "max deal" wars.   Of course, no one knows for sure if the guy who said "I had a max offer and lost" is really telling the truth.  
3/28/2013 3:13 PM
In my experience, the tiebreakers have all worked the way WIS "intended" them to. The way they intend them to work is stupid, but whatever. 

See this thread for a discussion with support on the topic.

Unsigned coaches are treated as if you have someone signed with a relevant rating of 0. So if the opponent has a coach with a relevant rating of 5 (really ******) he still wins. For pitchers, it is pitching coach and bench coach. For hitters, I'm unsure which coaches are considered. Probably worth a ticket to ask.

Also, what you listed above is the most restrictive contract, but not the "max" one for tiebreaker purposes. Unless the player demands the NT clause, for example, it does not impact the value of the deal.

Loyalty only matters if the FA was with the same team for the previous 5 seasons. 

If loyalty is not a factor, I have never seen a player sign with any team other than the one with the "best" coaches (for pitchers, pitching and bullpen).
3/29/2013 11:47 AM
How much does loyalty factor into resigning a guy on a tied max deal?
3/29/2013 3:48 PM
So we just had an interesting scenario in Mordecai...
I have no idea how many teams were involved (at least 2.. myself and the team that won the player).

We both had max contracts.
Our bullpen coaches are essentially the same.
My PC was about 10 points higher than the other team.
The other team got "a small boost" (from what I've read) for being the player's previous team.
Our two ballparks are essentially the same.

He signed with the other team.

I'm guessing that the "small boost" for the offer coming from his previous team is more than a small boost...
9/18/2013 4:34 PM
From my experience, the loyalty bonus is the biggest tie breaker. I have yet to see a former team of 5+ years offer a max deal and not get the player in question.

Somebody please correct me if they've had a different experience.
9/19/2013 11:23 AM
Posted by mongoose_22 on 9/19/2013 11:23:00 AM (view original):
From my experience, the loyalty bonus is the biggest tie breaker. I have yet to see a former team of 5+ years offer a max deal and not get the player in question.

Somebody please correct me if they've had a different experience.
That is also what I have seen. If they have the 5+ season loyalty bonus, coaches don't matter.
9/19/2013 11:54 AM
My only experience is in Coop, when I was the worst team in the league the year before. The player had max offers from good teams (as far as I know), including his former team. I had the best HC in the league and ended up getting him. I think HC/PC have heaving weightings.
9/21/2013 3:47 PM
Max Contract Tie-Breaker Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.