DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

What's dangerous about gay marriage?
4/4/2013 3:52 PM
You tossed out "2 people" which is kinda a big deal.  So I'm tossing out "adults."  At least it involves 2 people.
4/4/2013 3:57 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/4/2013 3:57:00 PM (view original):
You tossed out "2 people" which is kinda a big deal.  So I'm tossing out "adults."  At least it involves 2 people.
I was simply aiming for "equality" and "happy". 

Are you comparing child molesters to bisexuals now?

Why do you hate bisexuals?
4/4/2013 3:58 PM
Your argument is "hold on a minute, let's think about what we're doing here."  I understand.  So let's do that.....what's could be wrong with SSM?
4/4/2013 3:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):

Why are all polygamists bisexual?

I am too.  Does marrying a toaster make you happy? Go for it.
4/4/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/4/2013 3:59:00 PM (view original):
Your argument is "hold on a minute, let's think about what we're doing here."  I understand.  So let's do that.....what's could be wrong with SSM?

Sigh. 

The doors it will open in the name of "equality" and "making people happy".

4/4/2013 4:01 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/4/2013 4:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2013 3:58:00 PM (view original):

Why are all polygamists bisexual?

I am too.  Does marrying a toaster make you happy? Go for it.
So you just hate polygamists?
4/4/2013 4:02 PM
I don't think "open doors" is a good enough reason.  I guess we're stuck there.

No, I don't hate polygamists.  
4/4/2013 4:04 PM
I think the doors that will be opened is reason enough not to make a snap decision. 

I know it's not PC but I don't think we need to barrel down uncharted paths to appease a few.    Figure out where the path may lead and then make a decision.
4/4/2013 4:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
I think the doors that will be opened is reason enough not to make a snap decision. 

I know it's not PC but I don't think we need to barrel down uncharted paths to appease a few.    Figure out where the path may lead and then make a decision.
OK, let's allow polygamy. Is there a problem with that?
4/4/2013 4:20 PM
I agree that snap decisions aren't a good idea.  As in, "BAN ALL GUNS!" after a tragedy doesn't make sense.  Breathe and think first.  

I don't necessarily think this is a "snap decision."  I suppose it's happening relatively fast, but it's been brewing for some time now.  This isn't a new idea that's come up in the last few weeks or months.
4/4/2013 4:23 PM
Posted by burnsy483 on 4/4/2013 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I agree that snap decisions aren't a good idea.  As in, "BAN ALL GUNS!" after a tragedy doesn't make sense.  Breathe and think first.  

I don't necessarily think this is a "snap decision."  I suppose it's happening relatively fast, but it's been brewing for some time now.  This isn't a new idea that's come up in the last few weeks or months.
Yes, relatively fast.   I know it didn't start last week.   I don't know when the first same sex marriage cermony was performed(or where).  I know DOMA in '96 and I know it was challenged in '10 or '11. 

The fact that it's still a hot-button topic tells me that we haven't sorted out the particulars.     I don't think the gay lifestyle is far more mainstream than it was 10-20 years ago. 

But there are obviously still enough people with loud enough voices to dispute gay marriage.  Why?
4/4/2013 4:33 PM
Our society moves much faster now but it took a 100 years before a black man could sit at the same counter and eat lunch.   I'd say the gay movement is moving much, much faster.
4/4/2013 4:34 PM
Religion.  Homophobia.  People afraid of change.  People afraid of polygamous marriage. 
4/4/2013 4:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 4/4/2013 4:34:00 PM (view original):
Our society moves much faster now but it took a 100 years before a black man could sit at the same counter and eat lunch.   I'd say the gay movement is moving much, much faster.
It is.  Messages and ideas spread quicker now with better technology.  So while I understand where you are coming from, being uncomfortable with making something right because it's moving too fast isn't the best reason.
4/4/2013 4:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...38|39|40|41|42...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.