DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

In orther words, biz is always right, and anybody who disagrees with him is always wrong.
That's not true, and I've never said it is.

In this case I'm right because logic demonstrates I'm right. I really wish there was someone else in this topic who actually understood how to apply logic.

I guess if that was the case, I'd have validation for the fact that I'm right in this case, but on the other hand the argument would be more boring and straightforward. It's always more fun to argue with people who are stubborn and determined but also illogical and clueless.

So . . . according to you . . . you are the ONLY PERSON IN THIS THREAD who understands how to apply logic?

Is that your assertion?
4/22/2013 3:38 PM
The definition of the word is based on what you prefer, what you think you are.  If you're laughing, there's something wrong with you.

I'm not sure how you don't get that this logic doesn't hold up.

There is virtually nowhere else  where anyone tries to say "you are what you think you are." Maybe in a self-help book or a home for the insane, but not many other places. The idea is absurd on the face of it.

And yet because of a propaganda campaign, people like you have somehow been convinced that this flawed line of reasoning works for defining one's sexuality.

I'm laughing because it's ridiculous that so many otherwise fairly intelligent people can be hoodwinked by propaganda to the extent that even when I explain how the reasoning is not logical and doesn't work virtually anywhere else, you and others will still stick to your guns despite knowing full well your position makes no logical sense.
What is the point owning a dictionary if the definitions are wrong?
The definitions aren't wrong - you just don't understand what they are defining. I already explained how a dictionary defines words based on common acceptance and how that doesn't necessarily make them the "only" definition, nor does it necessarily make them the "right" definition.

As you should know, many words have multiple meanings, and the not everyone always agrees on what a word specifically means or how they use it.

I can't believe I've got to educate you on how dictionaries work because you're grasping at straws trying to defend an illogical line of reasoning. You know very well your reasoning isn't logical and now you're appealing to the masses through the dictionary, which is itself an illogical argument.

What's the next piece of non-logic you're going to throw at me? That more of the people posting here in this thread agree with you, so you must be right? That you something I said in another thread somehow means anything here? That the space between two stars and the way they align with the moon makes you right?

You're just being ridiculous, either because you're that stupid and don't know any better, or because you're doing it on purpose, in which case you're just being ignorant because you know very well your position doesn't hold up logically.

Either way, it's fun to a point to poke holes in what you say, but eventually your stubborn resistance to logic just gets boring.
That's not how everything works, but it is how sexuality works.
So the rules that apply to everything else just don't apply to sexuality because you say so. Or because propaganda says so. Got it.
So . . . according to you . . . you are the ONLY PERSON IN THIS THREAD who understands how to apply logic? Is that your assertion?

If someone else demonstrates an ability to apply logic, I'll give them credit for it. I haven't seen it yet.

4/23/2013 8:39 AM
You know what's logical? To understand that the definition of a word is the definition of a word.  It's not "wrong."

What other words do you have a different definition for?
4/23/2013 8:55 AM
You know what's logical? To understand that marriage is a bond between two people.  That's logical.  That's the definition.

Can I argue that?
4/23/2013 8:56 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 8:39:00 AM (view original):
The definition of the word is based on what you prefer, what you think you are.  If you're laughing, there's something wrong with you.

I'm not sure how you don't get that this logic doesn't hold up.

There is virtually nowhere else  where anyone tries to say "you are what you think you are." Maybe in a self-help book or a home for the insane, but not many other places. The idea is absurd on the face of it.

And yet because of a propaganda campaign, people like you have somehow been convinced that this flawed line of reasoning works for defining one's sexuality.

I'm laughing because it's ridiculous that so many otherwise fairly intelligent people can be hoodwinked by propaganda to the extent that even when I explain how the reasoning is not logical and doesn't work virtually anywhere else, you and others will still stick to your guns despite knowing full well your position makes no logical sense.
What is the point owning a dictionary if the definitions are wrong?
The definitions aren't wrong - you just don't understand what they are defining. I already explained how a dictionary defines words based on common acceptance and how that doesn't necessarily make them the "only" definition, nor does it necessarily make them the "right" definition.

As you should know, many words have multiple meanings, and the not everyone always agrees on what a word specifically means or how they use it.

I can't believe I've got to educate you on how dictionaries work because you're grasping at straws trying to defend an illogical line of reasoning. You know very well your reasoning isn't logical and now you're appealing to the masses through the dictionary, which is itself an illogical argument.

What's the next piece of non-logic you're going to throw at me? That more of the people posting here in this thread agree with you, so you must be right? That you something I said in another thread somehow means anything here? That the space between two stars and the way they align with the moon makes you right?

You're just being ridiculous, either because you're that stupid and don't know any better, or because you're doing it on purpose, in which case you're just being ignorant because you know very well your position doesn't hold up logically.

Either way, it's fun to a point to poke holes in what you say, but eventually your stubborn resistance to logic just gets boring.
That's not how everything works, but it is how sexuality works.
So the rules that apply to everything else just don't apply to sexuality because you say so. Or because propaganda says so. Got it.
So . . . according to you . . . you are the ONLY PERSON IN THIS THREAD who understands how to apply logic? Is that your assertion?

If someone else demonstrates an ability to apply logic, I'll give them credit for it. I haven't seen it yet.

What rules? There are rules to sexuality?
4/23/2013 9:07 AM
There are rules to definitions.  If they don't make sense to biz, the definitions are wrong.
4/23/2013 9:16 AM
You know what? I'm not spelling "colonel" the way it's spelled.  It makes no logical sense.  I'm spelling it "kernel."  I'm using LOGIC. The dictionary is wrong.
4/23/2013 9:19 AM
You know what's logical? To understand that the definition of a word is the definition of a word.  It's not "wrong."

No one was saying the definition of a word is "wrong" - I'm just trying to get you to understand how a dictionary works.
You know what's logical? To understand that marriage is a bond between two people.  That's logical.  That's the definition.

Marriage is a bond between a man and a woman, not between two random people.

If you want to have some other kind of bond between other people, that's fine with me. Just don't call it something it's not.

There are rules to reality. You can't just claim to be something and that's what you are. You could claim to be the pope, but that doesn't make it true.
There are rules to definitions.  If they don't make sense to biz, the definitions are wrong.

No one ever said definitions were "wrong". Again, I'm simply trying to explain to you how a dictionary actually works. If you can't understand that, you're too stupid to be in this discussion. If you won't understand it, you're too stubborn to be involved in any debate, ever.
4/23/2013 10:24 AM
ALL HAIL BISTIZA . . . SUPREME LORD OF WORDS AND LOGIC!!!
4/23/2013 10:29 AM
You know what my favorite character in Clue is? Kernel Mustard.

When does your dictionary come out?  I want to buy one.
4/23/2013 10:32 AM
"You can't just claim to be something and that's what you are."

If you attracted to the same sex, that makes you homosexual.  If you then claim to be homosexual, you are correct.

YOU can't just claim to know that various well-understood definitions of words, like homosexual, whore and promiscuous are wrong.
4/23/2013 10:35 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 10:24:00 AM (view original):

No one was saying the definition of a word is "wrong" - I'm just trying to get you to understand how a dictionary works.

Marriage is a bond between a man and a woman, not between two random people.

If you want to have some other kind of bond between other people, that's fine with me. Just don't call it something it's not.

There are rules to reality. You can't just claim to be something and that's what you are. You could claim to be the pope, but that doesn't make it true.

No one ever said definitions were "wrong". Again, I'm simply trying to explain to you how a dictionary actually works. If you can't understand that, you're too stupid to be in this discussion. If you won't understand it, you're too stubborn to be involved in any debate, ever.
But marriage does include gay couples. Right now, thousands of gay couples are legally married.

Sexuality isn't the same as being the pope. Only you can decide if you are straight or gay and no one can disagree because they aren't in your head. You can determine your own sexuality long before you have any romantic encounters with anyone else.
4/23/2013 10:42 AM
You guys are either super bored or super stupid.     Which is it?
4/23/2013 11:08 AM
If you attracted to the same sex, that makes you homosexual.

That's what the whole argument is about - you say the above, and I disagree.

I say all that does is make you attracted to the same sex. You could very well be attracted to the same sex and still have romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone of the opposite sex. Now what are you?

Logic suggests your actions make that determination, but in the fantasy propaganda world where logic doesn't matter, you get to choose whatever the hell you want for no reason at all.
But marriage does include gay couples. Right now, thousands of gay couples are legally married.
And I think it's wrong to call that a marriage. I have a right to that opinion.
Only you can decide if you are straight or gay and no one can disagree because they aren't in your head.
Only you can decide if you're the pope or the easter bunny or batman or the king of the world. No one can disagree because they aren't in your head.

You can determine your own sexuality long before you have any romantic encounters with anyone else.

Sure you can - in your fantasy world where logic and reason don't exist. In reality, there is no way to determine anything at that point.

Never mind, I forgot - you don't live in reality, but in your own head, where you are whatever the hell you say you are.
4/23/2013 11:09 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/23/2013 11:09:00 AM (view original):
If you attracted to the same sex, that makes you homosexual.

That's what the whole argument is about - you say the above, and I disagree.

I say all that does is make you attracted to the same sex. You could very well be attracted to the same sex and still have romantic and/or sexual encounters with someone of the opposite sex. Now what are you?

Logic suggests your actions make that determination, but in the fantasy propaganda world where logic doesn't matter, you get to choose whatever the hell you want for no reason at all.
And I think it's wrong to call that a marriage. I have a right to that opinion.
Only you can decide if you are straight or gay and no one can disagree because they aren't in your head.
Only you can decide if you're the pope or the easter bunny or batman or the king of the world. No one can disagree because they aren't in your head.

You can determine your own sexuality long before you have any romantic encounters with anyone else.

Sure you can - in your fantasy world where logic and reason don't exist. In reality, there is no way to determine anything at that point.

Never mind, I forgot - you don't live in reality, but in your own head, where you are whatever the hell you say you are.
You see how that's not the same right? Sexuality vs being the pope, et al?
4/23/2013 11:15 AM
◂ Prev 1...86|87|88|89|90...358 Next ▸
DOMA & Prop 8 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.