Playing Time Question Topic

Hey guys. This is my first year playing and I like it so far. A couple of questions. How do I know how much playing time a particular player expects and how do I manage PT so that everybody gets as close to what they expect as possible? I understand that  work ethic can go down if a guy doesn't get enough PT and I want to avoid that if possible. Thanks for your help.
3/28/2013 3:14 PM
large work ethic losses come when you make a PT% promise in recruiting or a promised start in recruiting and you dont meet those promises. Sometimes upper classmen will lose we if they don't get what they consider enough pt, but at that point, it's a moot point, because lets face it, they are upper classmen. 
3/28/2013 6:02 PM
Thanks. 
3/28/2013 6:56 PM
Right--As a general rule, don't break any promises, and you'll be OK.  If you promise Fr playing time or Fr or So starts, and meet them, WE might go up for some players more than it would otherwise with equal playing time.  So, if a recruit is going to get playing time, go ahead and promise it to him.  Don't promise more than 60% unless they're going to start consistently throughout your season, and don't promise more than 30% unless they're going to get at least a few starts or you like juggling your depth charts at half time and between games.  I always schedule easy sims as the first couple of games to get the Fr in, and then hopefully pt% promises won't be an issue the rest of the season.  I agree if Jr or Sr guys' WE drops a few points, it doesn't matter much.  Hope this helps!
3/30/2013 1:45 PM
Playing Time Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.