The Two Man Band is a crazy league with one simple rule: you can only draft ONE pitcher and ONE position player for your team, and use a total of 25 different seasons from their careers to make up your roster. Whatever position player you draft -- a speedster or a slugger or a utility man -- he's got to play all eight positions in the field. You might think twice about taking someone like Ted Williams, who no matter how often he gets on base, could not overcome making hundreds of errors per season in the field in this league.
Tdoak has given me the reins in carrying on the Two Man Band legacy, so here we go! In this season, we will all be playing in Coors. Everyone will either use Babe Ruth or Sir Lord Barrold Bonds, but there will only be 12 of each, and there will be a Barry Bonds league and a Babe Ruth league. Pitchers will also be exclusive. We will be using the DH. Also, pitcher Babe Ruth is banned. Same with other pitchers who don't have enough innings.
If you want an idea of what kind of insane stats you'll see, look no further than my Barry team in tdoaks league. There are still 6 games left!
When you sign up, name your hitter and your pitcher. When all 24 people have signed up and named their players, I will post the league number.
1. ThaneOfFife - Barry Bonds and Pete Alexander
2. zambonijesus - Barry Bonds and Pedro Martinez
3. uublog - Barry Bonds and Cy Young
4. rmdriskill - Barry Bonds and Mordecai Brown
5. sjh0825 - Bonds and Lefty Grove
6. Dodgebob - Barry and Addie
7. tjefferson - Barry and Walter Johnson
1. Pumpkinmcp - Babe and Ed Walsh
2. bklynbruzer - Babe and Nolan Ryan
3. gardenald - Babe and Christy Mathewson
4. batandball - Babe and Greg Maddux
5. celticus - Babe and Eddie Plank
3/31/2013 1:26 AM (edited)