Two Man Band Coors exclusive! 12 in Topic

The Two Man Band is a crazy league with one simple rule:  you can only draft ONE pitcher and ONE position player for your team, and use a total of 25 different seasons from their careers to make up your roster.  Whatever position player you draft -- a speedster or a slugger or a utility man -- he's got to play all eight positions in the field.  You might think twice about taking someone like Ted Williams, who no matter how often he gets on base, could not overcome making hundreds of errors per season in the field in this league.

Tdoak has given me the reins in carrying on the Two Man Band legacy, so here we go! In this season, we will all be playing in Coors. Everyone will either use Babe Ruth or Sir Lord Barrold Bonds, but there will only be 12 of each, and there will be a Barry Bonds league and a Babe Ruth league. Pitchers will also be exclusive. We will be using the DH. Also, pitcher Babe Ruth is banned. Same with other pitchers who don't have enough innings.

If you want an idea of what kind of insane stats you'll see, look no further than my Barry team in tdoaks league. There are still 6 games left!

When you sign up, name your hitter and your pitcher. When all 24 people have signed up and named their players, I will post the league number.

1. ThaneOfFife - Barry Bonds and Pete Alexander
2. zambonijesus - Barry Bonds and Pedro Martinez
3. uublog - Barry Bonds and Cy Young
4. rmdriskill - Barry Bonds and Mordecai Brown
5. sjh0825 - Bonds and Lefty Grove
6. Dodgebob - Barry and Addie
7. tjefferson - Barry and Walter Johnson

1. Pumpkinmcp - Babe and Ed Walsh
2. bklynbruzer - Babe and Nolan Ryan
3. gardenald - Babe and Christy Mathewson
4. batandball - Babe and Greg Maddux
5. celticus - Babe and Eddie Plank

3/31/2013 1:26 AM (edited)
Are we including DH and are pitchers exclusive?
3/28/2013 6:55 PM
Yes, I forgot to mention there is a DH. I'll add that to the OP.

I guess i'll ask that to you guys who sign up. Do you want pitchers to be exclusive?

3/28/2013 6:58 PM
I will do this thing with Barry Bonds and Pedro I guess.

pitchers should probably be exclusive just so that there is some difference between the teams. i demand 12 barry teams and 12 babe teams so that there can be a babe league and a barry league.
3/28/2013 7:07 PM
That idea owns. I'm in on Team Barrold, I'll have a pitcher shortly, I need to think about this one a bit.
3/28/2013 7:11 PM
That is actually a fantastic idea ZamboniJesus and I will add that to the OP.
3/28/2013 7:19 PM
I'll have Bonds and Mordecai Brown I suppose. OP is kinda confusing though. Do we have to take Bonds/Ruth or can we pick anyone? You sorta indicate both.
3/28/2013 7:46 PM
You either use Barry or you use Babe. There will be 12 instances of Barry and 12 of Babe. It's first come first serve.
3/28/2013 7:55 PM
I'll take Ruth and...

edit: see below
3/28/2013 10:35 PM (edited)
Bonds and Koufax
3/28/2013 8:56 PM
I'll take Ruth and Ed Walsh
3/28/2013 10:11 PM
I'm going to switch to Ruth and Walter Johnson
3/28/2013 10:35 PM
Can we use $200k guys on rest to fill out the roster as has been done in prior 2MBs?
3/28/2013 11:47 PM
I'd rather you pick a pitcher that has enough seasons so that you won't need those 200k guys. I more or less wrote that in the OP. Pitchers who don't have enough innings are banned (you're probably going to need over 3000).
3/29/2013 12:12 AM
Oh, man, 3000?!? I didn't even think of that. In that case I'll go with Sir Barrold and Cy Young
3/29/2013 12:49 AM
123 Next ▸
Two Man Band Coors exclusive! 12 in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.