When is your "vision" set for the year? Topic

So - if I can look at recruits before the season ends, and my record/results impacts my vision, when does vision impact your ability to see recruits?  is it a season behind?  So, for example, if I kick *** and have a 15-win season but my prior 3 seasons I averaged 8 wins, this sucess wont impact the recruits I'm gonna see and sign immediately thereafter?

Or....

Will I be able to see more recruits right after the season flips than I would have before because now my 15-win season helped my vision?

Does this make sense??? 

3/28/2013 7:46 PM
Posted by jc1796 on 3/28/2013 7:46:00 PM (view original):

So - if I can look at recruits before the season ends, and my record/results impacts my vision, when does vision impact your ability to see recruits?  is it a season behind?  So, for example, if I kick *** and have a 15-win season but my prior 3 seasons I averaged 8 wins, this sucess wont impact the recruits I'm gonna see and sign immediately thereafter?

Or....

Will I be able to see more recruits right after the season flips than I would have before because now my 15-win season helped my vision?

Does this make sense??? 

Your vision updates at season rollover (when your record goes to 0-0). It's based on the entire W-L record of your team, with the last 3-4 seasons counting the most, and your most recent season counting the heaviest all. It also depends on what other teams have done, so you may have had a 'monster' season, but other teams may also have done well, so your vision may change only a little or not at all. You may have a great season, and other teams have poor seasons, and you'll see that your vision has had a marked increase.

IMO, coaches worry too much what their vision is or isn't or what it should be. Just find the best recruits you can, win a bunch of games, and your vision will take care of itself.
3/28/2013 10:27 PM
When is your "vision" set for the year? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.