Trying a new strategy! MLB104951 Topic

For my Family Ties theme league, I'm going with super low strikeout totals for batters & using a 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation followed by about 7-8 relievers with stellar numbers across the board!  I figure, what the heck, what do I have to lose???

Lineup as follows:

C: Bill Dickey
1B:  George Sisler
2B:  Eddie Stanky
3B:  Lave Cross
SS:  Joe Sewell
OF:  Tony Gwynn, Ed Delahanty, Joe DiMaggio
DH:  Lloyd Waner

SP: Ed Walsh & Christy Mathewson
RP: Trevor Hoffman, Vicente Romo, Dave Rozema, Harry Coveleski, Pedro Borbon Jr, Pedro Martinez (mop up), Art Fowler, Bobby Shantz

Will let you know how my little experiment works!
3/30/2013 2:02 PM

I like your team! What's the cap on that league?

Another fun team to put together is a "more home runs than strikeouts" team. Put them in a park like Hilltop... pretty cool results.

3/30/2013 8:11 PM
The only downside to low K is that deadball pitchers don't rely on strike outs much - though you should do very well against "modern" pitchers. The rest will depend on how good the defense of your opponents is: if modern, and good defensive players backing up the deadball pitchers (who bring down the general defensive level) then you should do very well. What stadium are you in ? 
3/31/2013 9:50 AM
Based on my teams makeup, I'm looking at stadiums that are + for 1B/2B, & at the most neutral on HR's.  I've narrowed it down to 2 candidates:  Oriole Park IV, or American League Park I.

Also, because of the salary cap I'm using Zack Wheat instead of Lloyd Waner!  Even at $120 million it's tough to get under the cap!
3/31/2013 12:38 PM
Trying a new strategy! MLB104951 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.