Concordia Invitational Topic

(Minus the 60th, location, and date.)
I have decided to start up a non-conference tournament. The tournament will be a 5 team round robin tournament. The standings will be decided by: 
1. Record
2. Point Differential (20 max)
3. Points Scored
4. Points Allowed

3/30/2013 3:03 PM
We still need two more but as of now we have three teams:

Concordia (WI) Falcons- Located in Mequon, WI. I coach Corncodia and am in my 6th season. We are in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. When I took over the team hadn't won a conference championship or a tournament title. They also have never been in the PI or NT. My second season we won a conference title, then two years later I won the conference tournament and made the NT. Last season was the best in history as we won the conference regular season and conference title and made the second ever appearance in history. I have a 90-53 (59-21) record in my first five seasons with 2 NT (both losses in the first round) appearances and 2 conf. champs and CT titles.

Eureka Red Devils- Located in Eureka, Il. Eureka is coached by usjgt. Usjgt is in his 35th season at Eureka. Eureka is in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Conference. Usjgt has been at Eureka since season 31 and Eureka is the only place usjgt has coached at. During the 34 seasons at Eureka, usdjt has led the Red Devils to a 798-255 (472-72) record, 30 conference championships, 19 CT titles, 7 PI bids, and 26 NT bids. The 7 PI bids have led to 2 first round exits, 1 second round loss, 2 third round visits, and 2 PI championships. In the 26 NT bids the following has been achieved, 11 Sweet 16 appearances, 5 Elite 8 appearances, and 1 Final Four appearance. Usjgt has been to a post season tournament 33 straight season (I hope I don't jinx him). Also the red Devils have won 13 straight conference championships. Can anyone stop the Red Devil's reign in the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Conference?

Northland Lumberjacks- Located in Ashland, WI. Northland is coached by raucous. Raucous is in his 13th season at Northland. Northland is in the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin. Rausous has coached Northand since season 53 and it is the only place raucous has coached. During the 12 seasons at Northland, raucous led the Lumberjacks to a 234-124 (150-42) record, 4 conference championships, 2 CT titles, 4 PI bids, and 5 NT bids. Northland is looking for a three-peat as the College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin regular season champs and looking to get back to the NT for the third straight time. The PI bids have been 2 first round losses and 2 third round losses. In the 5 NT bids the Pioneers have made one deep run to the Elite 8. The rest have resulted in first round exits. Does rausous's squad have what it takes to repeat what they did six seasons ago?
3/31/2013 7:21 PM (edited)
John Carroll would like to get in on this.
3/30/2013 6:02 PM
We now just need one more team after the following team joined:

John Carroll Blue Streaks- By far the most interesting name of the teams in the Concordia Invitational... Anyway the Blue Streaks are coached by whit6r. Whit6r coached at John Carroll for seven seasons (27-33) then left for Texas A&M Kingsville in Divison II. During the seven years whit6r led the Blue Streaks to their best season in school history as they made it to the Sweet 16 in season 37. At Kingsville whit6r won a National championship and a couple years later left for Division I. He coached at Kent State and led them to the Sweet 16 and later left for Seton Hall. He coached at Seton Hall for one year and then he retired. During his years coaching and his retirement, John Carroll failed to duplicate what they did season 32 and 33. The year after whit6r left, a whit6r clone stepped in to coach but failed to get them back to the NT. The Blue Streaks went 12 years without making it to the NT. After 12 seasons John Carroll finally got back to the NT and a year later made the Sweet 16. The Blue Streaks were finally back to the way whit6r left them, but the Blue Streaks again went on a downward spiral. They went three seasons without a NT bid and then John Carroll's most loved coach came back to coach them. Since his return he has once again built John Caroll into a contender. Whit6r has coached the Blue Streaks for 22 seasons. Whit6r has a 420-204 (240-114) record, 9 conference championships, 6 CT titles, 5 PI bids, and 10 NT bids. With the 5 PI bids, whit6r took his teams to the second round three times. The 5 NT turned into 7 second round visits, 3 Sweet 16 visits, and 1 Elite 8 visit. John Carroll has won three straight conference titles and has been to the NT for three straight seasons.
3/31/2013 7:23 PM (edited)
I would be willing to do it, but I only have slots 1, 3, 4, and 10 available for non-conference.
3/30/2013 10:22 PM
The final team is the following:

Neumann Knights- Located in Aston, PA. the coach of the Knights is edijr. Edijr is currently in his first season at Neuman. He coached at Polytechnic his first season and had a record of 21-7 (12-4). Neuman is in the Pennsylvania Athletic Conference. Neuman has some NT bids in their hisrtory but haven't been able to get past the Sweet 16. It should be interesting to see what edijr can do with the Neuman Knights in the years to come.

5/18/2013 2:24 PM (edited)
Cool write up BK - let me know what the plan is.
3/30/2013 10:58 PM
Schedule:
G1. Neumann @ Concordia
G2. Bye
G3. Eureka @ Neuman
G4. Neumann @ Northland
G5. Bye
G6. Northland @ John Carroll
G7. Bye.
G8. Northland @ Eureka
       Concordia @ John Carroll
G9. Concordia @ Northland
       John Carroll @ Eureka     
G10. John Carroll @ Neumann
         Eureka @ Concordia
5/18/2013 2:25 PM (edited)
I've sent out requests for all 4 games
3/30/2013 11:24 PM
Northland are the Lumberjacks and I'm ok.
I sleep all night and I work all day.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wild flowers.
I put on women's clothing
and hang around in bars.

3/31/2013 12:07 AM
Oops my bad raucous!
3/31/2013 9:02 AM
Meet me at the bar later.

:D

4/1/2013 1:55 PM

With recruiting almost over and the start of season 66 coming soon it is time to look how each team did last season.

Concordia (WI)- We had a decent season at Concordia. I was hoping we could make it to the NT but we came up short in the conference championship because of a lot of missed free throws. We went 24-9 and made it to the Final Four of the PI. We started 4 seniors and  will have a very young team this year.

Eureka- Eureka had a down year last season and are hoping to  improve upon last years season. The Red Devils are hoping to make it the postseason this year after missing out a season ago. Eureka went 16-12 with a 107  RPI and am 87 SOS. The Red Devils lost 4 seniors 3 were starters.

Northland Lumberjacks- The Lumberjacks had the best season of the group making it to the second round of the NT. Northland finished with a heartbreaking upset to Susquehanna and ended up ranked #11 in the nation. The Lumberjacks will have a hard time replacing Joshua Robinson http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Default.aspx?pid=2254033 who was First Team All-American and 2-time POY in the CCIW. Northland finished the season 27-4.

John Carroll- The Blue Streaks made it to the NT and won there conference for the 4th straight season. John Carroll was unable to get out of the first round but still a good season. John Carroll will most likely be looking at a 5th straight NT appearance as they return 10 players of last years squad. Fred Dearing http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/Default.aspx?pid=2252720 will be missed greatly though. He was a 2nd Team All-American and 3 time 1st Team All- Conference. The Blue Streaks finished the season with a 23-8 record.

Neuman- The Knights had a very young team last season in egijr's first season. Neuman finished 10-18 in the Knight's first year of rebuilding. Edijr will be bringing in two posts from the same high school this season in hopes to bring in some success in the future. This is the first time I've seen someone recruit two players from the same high. 

5/11/2013 11:15 AM (edited)

nice read BK!  I'll be keeping the slots open for season 67 for the tourney.

5/11/2013 12:11 PM
Thanks! Ok. Yeah keep 6-10 open and Ill get the schedule made soon.
5/11/2013 12:45 PM
1234 Next ▸
Concordia Invitational Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.