Yeah, I'm sure it would be helpful, but I have 0 problems on my Galaxy, and that includes gameplanning and recruiting. Recruiting can be tedious when searching initially, but I can't imagine an app makes that better.
3/31/2013 7:19 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 3/31/2013 1:01:00 PM (view original):
The only things I can't do on my Droid routinely are click "Team Game Plan" or scroll down in any windows (i.e. boxscore, team page, etc)...I've become accustomed to working around these issues, so beyond that, why is an app needed really?  Adapt and deal with it.
try downloading either one of the opera browsers.  They will allow you to scroll down in the box score so you can see both teams.  You can scroll in any window for that matter with the opera browser app
3/31/2013 9:38 PM
Posted by isack24 on 3/31/2013 7:19:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, I'm sure it would be helpful, but I have 0 problems on my Galaxy, and that includes gameplanning and recruiting. Recruiting can be tedious when searching initially, but I can't imagine an app makes that better.
I've messed around with different browsers on my Galaxy and I'm not yet satisfied.  What do you use?  I find gameplanning to be a ***** and a half on a (relatively) small touchscreen device.

3/31/2013 10:03 PM
I asked WIS if they were developing an App or mobile site.  The response:

"In short, yes. No timetable has been set yet, but it’s on our roadmap."
3/31/2013 11:08 PM
WIS Roadmap

Step 1 - Promise everything under the sun will be done to improve the game.

Step 2 - Don't actually do anything to improve the game.

Step 3 - Profit
3/31/2013 11:55 PM
Not to be the devil's advocate here, but aren't there other things that should be a greater priority than a mobile app? Do we have to be able to do everything from a cell phone anymore?

It's really not that hard to find a computer to use the internet most of the time. I'd rather WIS work on other issues that are important to actual game play. Just my opinion.

4/1/2013 10:11 AM
"Not to be the devil's advocate here, but aren't there other things that should be a greater priority than a mobile app? Do we have to be able to do everything from a cell phone anymore?"

Yes
4/1/2013 10:23 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
...or would just enjoy the utility of it.  Jeesh.

4/1/2013 11:08 AM
So now we are lazy? Wow!

A major part of every buiness plan is to constantly look for ways to enhance accessability to the clients. Can I find a comptuter most of the time? Yes. All of the time? No. Is it a priority for me? No. Would it be helpful? Yes. Am I a customer? Yes.  Would providing an App improved accesability to many of WIS's customers? Yes.

I travel a lot for business.  An App would be helpful.  I have been a paying curtomer of WIS since 2005, and as a loyal customer I ask about an App, and I'm the bad guy?

In  the business world and personal world we always have others with differing opinions. I never have a problem with someone who disagrees with me.  I do have a problem with someone who disagrees with me and tells me I am wrong and calls me names because I have a different opinion.  THAT is why, as you believe,  "we live in a sad society." No tolerance of others or willingness to respect their opinions.
4/1/2013 11:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
[Redacted]

This is so silly.
4/1/2013 12:08 PM
Or some people work in an environment where there is absolutely no access to computers. I work outdoors all daylong and very often put in 100 or more hours in a week. I don't consider myself lazy, but I would like to have similar access ability as other people that have access to a computer more often than I do.
4/1/2013 12:56 PM
Understood, milwood, and I agree that would be nice for you in terms of your ability to play HD.

I think for most people, however, internet access on a cell phone is just a crutch 95 percent of the time. While it's great in a pinch or an emergency situation when you need information or whatever, the rest of the time all it does is potentially cause problems (especially in the hands of teenagers, but even with adults).

4/1/2013 1:32 PM
That's nice.  You might consider taking this crusade to the Non-Sports forum so that there can be a discussion on the topic listed in the... topic.
4/1/2013 1:38 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...7 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.