can i play a PG at the 3 spot? Topic

i have a do or die game tonight, and I am wanting to play my top scorer PG at the 3 spot, so I can take advantage of having my best 2 guards playing against the opponents worst 2 defensive positions...

Athleticism 34

Speed 75

Rebounding 1

Defense 54

Shot Blocking 5

Low-post 39

Perimeter 97

Ball Handling 75

Passing 58

Work Ethic 61

Stamina 92

Durability 30

can I play this guy @ the 3 spot?  he is 5"10     

i also have this guy, who I intended on playing at the point guard, for the sole reason of i've played him at the 2 spot all season, but if I switch it up I may be able to match him up against the poorer defender

Athleticism 45

Speed 61

Rebounding 1

Defense 41

Shot Blocking 2

Low-post 1

Perimeter 95

Ball Handling 79

Passing 69

Work Ethic 42

Stamina 67

Durability 24

FT Shooting C+    

2nd guy is 6"0

please quick advice on if I can play either of these guys at the small forward spot?

3/31/2013 11:48 PM
Position and height are both IRRELEVANT, only the players' skills are relevant. So yeah, just play whichever guy fits better with the skills. You could play either, depending on the matchup.
3/31/2013 11:54 PM
so then what skills am I looking for exactly to play somebody at the small forward spot?
3/31/2013 11:55 PM
Posted by m4284850 on 3/31/2013 11:54:00 PM (view original):
Position and height are both IRRELEVANT, only the players' skills are relevant. So yeah, just play whichever guy fits better with the skills. You could play either, depending on the matchup.
Because that's realistic. 

Why even bother listing positions and heights or even player names? Realism went out the window a long time ago.
4/1/2013 2:10 AM
It is, actually. Height effects are baked into e ratings already. And position ... You have point forwards, point POWER forwards now, small forwards like popped who have some point guard skills ...

Why should a predefined high school position mean anything beyond the skills the player has?
4/1/2013 7:43 AM
only reason i thought height may matter is for defensive matchups, but i guess that's irrelevant when just considering playing a guy, obv. i dont want a 5"10 guy playing the 3 matched up against a 6"4 guy with a 70 low post
4/1/2013 8:55 AM
The fact that he is 6'4" is baked into his lp rating its not separate.
4/1/2013 9:06 AM
That's right.  If you never again look at a player's height, you'll be better off.
4/1/2013 11:11 AM
 i was in a position needing 1 scholly, and 5 next. i wanted  to roll over so i recruited blind. all i really needed was a big who could rebound. it wouldn't hurt he had Def, but mostly i just needed a banger. So i looked at Height of the C since i notice the tallest centers are almost always Blue in REB, and I avoided mirror rating on other areas which also almost always seem like automatic red areas.  ofcourse after the fact i'm aware his height is meaningless. but if your ever in a spot where not spending on FSS, and need REB this might help. it's no guarantee but from what i've seen you would have better odds. this is more of a response to llaman and is totally off topic. 

I say why not? i've never seen it hurt teams that do it. except losing the rebound battle so make your shots count at a high % they will probably get more Off Reb thus more opportunities to put ball in basket 

4/2/2013 12:05 AM
I think you'd be hurting on the glass a bit, potentially having 3, sub-10 Rebounding guys on the floor at any 1 given time.
4/2/2013 12:18 AM
can i play a PG at the 3 spot? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.