No Trade Clause - Tired of lopsided trades?!? Topic

(If you want to read about the idea of why the world was created, start here)
The biggest problem I encountered in HBD is that too often trades go through that upset the balance of a world. Player evaluation takes time to learn, and new owners get so excited when they take over a team that they want to tinker with it, many times trading away valuable players for lesser talent. When unbalanced trades do go through, other teams are often times so concerned with their own team that they don't take time to evaluate pending trades (especially when there are many coming at once). 

And I can tell you from experience that I can't evaluate many trades fairly/accurately because I don't invest in advanced scouting. So I loved the idea of a no trade league when I heard it, and decided to create a world that would be competitive, fair, and strategic, while still being a place where owners can learn without making huge mistakes that damage a world, sometimes permanently. 

With an emphasis on the Rule 5 draft, amateur draft, free agency, international free agency (IFA), and waiver wire pickups, owners are challenged to build their teams without the use of trades. I understand that disallowing trades may encourage two extreme strategies for building a team. 

The first being tanking at the major league level and building through the draft/IFA, or, secondly, punting the draft/IFA and loading up solely on high-priced free agents. Realizing this, rules are set up to discourage owners from taking either extreme. 

(If you just want the meat and potatoes, you'll want to start here...)

---------------------RULES--------------------- 

1) No trades - each team is responsible to veto any trade that goes through. 

2) Minimum win rule (55/125/195/280) - each team must win 55 teams in any given season,125 in any two consecutive seasons, 195 in any three consecutive seasons, and 280 in any four consecutive seasons. Failure to meet any of these minimums will result in expulsion from the world.

2a)  In order to give new owners 2 full off-seasons of free agent acquisitions to turn a team around, the league voted to remove the MWR for the first season each owner is in the league.  The 2 year MWR will still be enforced using the owner's S1 and S2 win totals, and the 55 single season requirement is enforced from season 2 and beyond.

3) $110MM maximum player payroll.  If you have a budget higher than $110MM, you will be notified to transfer money out of player payroll to either coaching or prospect payroll. Failing to do so within 7 days of notification will result in expulsion from the world. 

If this sounds like something you're interested in, please let me know. 

Available Teams
AL West - 74-88 
AL West - 71-91
NL South - 86-76
NL West - 68-94
NL West - 66-96
NL North - 81-81
AL North - 87-75
AL North - 58-104

5/28/2013 3:48 PM (edited)
Just started the LCS.
4/8/2013 9:44 AM (edited)
The AL East team is fairly stacked and all have long term contracts and are relatively young.  A well taken care of franchise built to win for many more years.  In 8 seasons they have averaged over 100 wins a season and show no signs of slowing down for probably another 3-5 seasons.
4/8/2013 12:49 PM
I might be interested in the an AL team which team is open?
4/13/2013 4:13 PM
My bad, the links must have been removed when I updated the post from my phone.  I sent you a sitemail with the link.
4/13/2013 9:27 PM
The world has rolled. Come check out the teams!
4/17/2013 12:10 PM
Great world. Unique.
4/17/2013 6:31 PM
Hello!!!!!!!! These are great rules. Let's make it a great world!
4/22/2013 8:59 PM
I got kicked out before I ever got in. Nice.
4/24/2013 2:37 PM
Posted by ratfink99 on 4/24/2013 2:37:00 PM (view original):
I got kicked out before I ever got in. Nice.
Sent you a sitemail.  Looks like a mixup.
4/25/2013 9:34 AM
This a competitive, high-quality world with a great group of core owners. NTC provides a unique opportunity for owners who enjoy building a team using the draft, free agency, and player development.
4/25/2013 1:48 PM
What ma said.
4/29/2013 5:35 PM
A great world that is very balanced and with solid owners. It takes some patience with the no trade rule, but it is well worth it for those that can hack it.
5/1/2013 11:29 AM
So a new owner could win 50 games the first season and not be removed from the world, but he would need to win 75 the next to meet the MWR. Is that right?
5/2/2013 5:56 PM
Also, why so many openings?
5/2/2013 5:57 PM
123 Next ▸
No Trade Clause - Tired of lopsided trades?!? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.