lineup advice needed Topic

I've ended up with only 5 offensive linemen going into the season.  Is it better to convert unneeded DL's into bad OL's or just let A1 pick out subs when the starters are tired or hurt?  I suspect this will be a long season for me.
4/3/2013 4:21 PM
It looks like you haven't recruited yet? i counted less than 40 guys on your roster. I'd just recruit some OL and WR's you'll be okay... Or if you must convert someone convert your backup TE James Green to OL he'll be a good one to convert
4/3/2013 5:27 PM
Posted by rochitwood on 4/3/2013 4:21:00 PM (view original):
I've ended up with only 5 offensive linemen going into the season.  Is it better to convert unneeded DL's into bad OL's or just let A1 pick out subs when the starters are tired or hurt?  I suspect this will be a long season for me.

If you've messed up recruiting and forgot or were not able to sign any OL, it would be better if you switched a TE (provided you don't use ND box a lot, or have 3 or more TE) to OL rather than a DL. Players take a bigger hit to their attributes going from Offense to Defense (and vice versa) than if they switch to a position that's still on the same side of the line as their former position.  If you let the SIM pull a non-OL of the bench, it will first start with a TE (I forget how the progression goes after that), but the TE will take a significant out-of-position penalty. Another thing you could do is lower their fatigue level to Tired or Very Tired.

If you're not going to fill all of your scholarships, your AD will sign a couple of really crappy OL for you (depending on the number of open schollies you have left).

4/3/2013 7:27 PM
Bryant has 2 more days of recruiting. West Chester has 35 players on roster, and has signed 13. Sounds like "out of $" situation. As stated, AI will sign crappy OL's to fill roster. Agree with above advice to convert TE James Green (especially because you signed a TE). Set fatigue real low. And finally, it is first year of rebuild after 10 years of Sim -- probably weren't going to be a playoff contender just yet anyway (ok, that was kind of crappy, but worth pointing out).
4/3/2013 8:31 PM

There are no "lineups" in football, only roster depth charts.  :)
4/4/2013 5:48 PM
lineup advice needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.