How many games can a FR be benched in a season and still fulfill the FR start?
4/4/2013 11:20 AM
i thought it was like 15% or something. 
4/4/2013 12:34 PM
it depends... there was just another thread on freshman starts. Each freshman is different, but in general they need to start 80-90% of the games prior to the conference tournament. I've seen the number 21 of 26 games mentioned before, which would fall around the 80% mark. However, If they fall below that % at any time during the season (80-90%), they will have a WE drop.  You can recover most of the WE drop by starting them until their % starts improves to whatever magic number they want (80-90%).
4/4/2013 12:45 PM
Posted by ggallagh on 4/4/2013 12:45:00 PM (view original):
it depends... there was just another thread on freshman starts. Each freshman is different, but in general they need to start 80-90% of the games prior to the conference tournament. I've seen the number 21 of 26 games mentioned before, which would fall around the 80% mark. However, If they fall below that % at any time during the season (80-90%), they will have a WE drop.  You can recover most of the WE drop by starting them until their % starts improves to whatever magic number they want (80-90%).
i dont think this is all the way right. i regularly start freshman only 20 of 26 games without problems, and have forgotten and missed the first 7, with no problems. i havent noticed the variation you see in promised start expectations, that you do with promised minute expectations

the rule of thumb i would use is 20/26 is fine. you could push it harder by screwing up early, and compensating later, as the player generally needs you to meet the promise after he complains, to be in the clear (assuming its early enough). seems like there are a few times the players check promises in the year, maybe 3-4 of em or something, and if he complains in any one but the last, and you meet it from then on, you might always be ok - but im not confident enough to take the risk. so i play it safe, and dont start them for 6 games (plus CT/NT)
4/4/2013 3:14 PM
I've done 20/26 no problem as well. In my experience, twice the freshman got angry about it during the 7th non-started game. 
4/4/2013 5:23 PM
I think the percentage may be more valuable than the 20/26 number. I know 20/26 is still a percentage, but if you front load the non starts you are going to get the freshman angry (3/5 = 60% and an upset freshman, 8/10 = 80% and a freshman on the fence of being upset, 18/20 =  90% and a perfectly happy freshman) Starting the freshman in the beginning of the season is much more important than at the end.  In other words front load the starts so you can bench the guy later and not suffer any WE loss. 
4/4/2013 5:34 PM
Posted by milwood on 4/4/2013 5:34:00 PM (view original):
I think the percentage may be more valuable than the 20/26 number. I know 20/26 is still a percentage, but if you front load the non starts you are going to get the freshman angry (3/5 = 60% and an upset freshman, 8/10 = 80% and a freshman on the fence of being upset, 18/20 =  90% and a perfectly happy freshman) Starting the freshman in the beginning of the season is much more important than at the end.  In other words front load the starts so you can bench the guy later and not suffer any WE loss. 
this is true, you can skip the first 6-7 games and he will still end up + a few work ethic, but if you skip the last 6, its a few more work ethic. depends partly where you have the tough schedule - sim non conf, tough conf, i use those 6 over the course of non conf. but the freshman also hurts you more early, with F/D IQ, rather than the C+/B- they have at the end. so with a tough non conf and easy conf schedule, i usually will just eat the couple work ethic. actually usually im too lazy and do nothing... but still ;)
4/4/2013 6:12 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.