How many pts can Wilt score? team building advice Topic

Hey I want to building a team with Wilt Chamberlain scoring as many points as possible. I've seen teams where he averages around 60ppg but no matter what I do I can't get him over 41-42ppg. Anybody have any advice? I'm assuming I'd have to surround him with very low tier usage guys (under 15) and run up-tempo. Am I wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4/7/2013 2:42 AM
you literally have to surround him with all guys usage less than 10%.  The record setting teams used mostly 6 & 7% usage guys.
4/7/2013 4:01 AM
high ast% and oReb% will also help
4/7/2013 2:45 PM
I got him to 50.4ppg with my key players being D Walker, N McMillan, and a couple partial-season Rodmans. I figured I needed the ast's and D from Walker and Nate and the extra boards and D from the Worms. Won something in the high 50's and lost in the finals, Wilt had an 84-point game and 5 at 70+, it was pretty fun and the team was competitive, gl. FYI Wilt also shot like 3% higher than IRL.
4/11/2013 5:41 AM
Thanks everyone. I made a exhibition league with Wilt, Don Buse, Rodman, T.R. Dunn, Battier, McMillan, Michael Cooper and Derrick Mckey. 4 games in he's getting me 49.0 ppg including a monster 59-pt 30-reb performance last game. I'm going to experiment with it before I create a full season. Also I was wondering is there anyway to do the same with rebounds? I saw in the records one owner got him to average 36.9! I drafted an exhibition a few months ago with poor rebounders but very good defenders (90-100) and I got him to average 25 (I drafted his rookie year). Anyway to get this even higher? Thanks.
4/11/2013 1:11 PM
impossible with boards... those are based off the sim engine 7+ years ago.  Advanced stats make it impossible to reach many of the records.
4/14/2013 7:44 PM
Oh ok thank you. My free team finished 7-3 with Wilt getting 50.6 ppg on 53% fg. Thanks again for the help
4/16/2013 12:39 PM
How many pts can Wilt score? team building advice Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.