I am posting this here for discussion and not to criticize. I know there are non beta testers here and I want to share my thoughts.
- More balanced Engine (B+)
- Fewer last second comebacks
- I LOVE the test game feature. It serves very well to scout your team chemistry and provides feedback. I would keep this in the release, but limit you to scrimmages with your own team only to evaluate team scrimmages and effectiveness.
- Gameplans: I like the new set-up. MUCH more flexible and intuitive.
- Too many "Super Backs". There are RB's rushing for 10+ YPC in single games and too many running for excessive yardage over a city. RB's need to be curved toward the mean more.
- I would still like to see more IQ and Formation variance. IQ and formations need to be more influential than they are even in the new engine.
- All player prep, including:
- Lineups-setting. Too redundant. It takes more time for me to set 1 team lineup than my 4 teams combined under the current engine.
- Formation plays. I like what is being attempted, but basically do not like it. I am NS why. I just dread it.
- Player Roles Function. Get rid of Player Roles altogether, IMO. Useless for me. Another unnessaeary step IMO.
I would combine the player settings and depth chart screens. Just add the box for starter on the depth chart screen and call it a day or make it so your #1 guy has to be your starter (or #1 and #2 if it is a multi-player position like DE).
Final verdict so far: Better game play in general, with some bugs still apparent, but right track. However, I will definately have to reduce my teams if this is implemented with the team management modifications. Not a threat, just feedback. There is no way I can manage 5 teams and remain competitive under life's time-constraints.
4/7/2013 3:56 PM (edited)