Great Opportunities in D3 Iba--SoCal Topic

In D3 Iba, two conferences have set themselves completely apart from the pack. The first is the Heartland, which is full. The second is the SoCal, which wasn't even a top ten conference three seasons ago and, after a massive influx of coaches, fancies itself the Heartland's main competitor. 

It is the latter about which I write you today. The SoCal conference has lost some good coaches, and four jobs are available in what has become one of the best D3 conferences in the world. I haven't calculated out the recruiting money exactly, but we had seven NT teams last year, so there should be a fair bit. Here are the jobs available: 

*Texas, Tyler. Motion/press team with B- prestige coming off an NT and returning all 12 players, with five seniors next year. Seriously, this might be one of the best jobs in the world right now, as the SoCal gets more and more money and Texas, Tyler gets to recruit a thousand miles away from any of their conference mates. The only reason I haven't already jumped over here is because I'm returning five starters from an Elite Eight team. 

*Pomona-Pitzer. Fastbreak/zone team with C prestige coming off a 2nd round PIT appearance. The only Sim team remaining in the North division, the Sagehens return 10 players and are an excellent challenge for an experienced coach who can run some less common sets (or someone who's fine with changing the offense--either way). 

*Redlands. This C- prestige motion/zone team returns all 12 players off a disappointing season and will have six seniors and six juniors this year. If you like to take advantage of super-classes (which can really help when everyone is recruiting in the same geographic area), this is your place. 

*Whittier. The Poets are a more traditional triangle/man team with C- prestige returning 9 players after a rebuilding year featuring six freshmen getting more than 10 minutes a game. Despite their poor record, with that very promising class entering their second year, this is the perfect opportunity for a less experienced coach who wants to ratchet up the competition level at a school with some foundation already in place. Or, you know, anyone. 

We're a friendly bunch. I think at least three of us have been or are in mentor/mentee relationships with each other, and most of us are fairly new at the schools, so even though we've built NT teams, there aren't any A+ schools that can squash you like bugs on the recruiting trail (we have three A- teams, some B's, and some C's). Come join us!
4/9/2013 11:40 AM
Come join us
4/10/2013 2:40 AM
Bump. 

Texas, Tyler is taken, but UC-Santa Cruz is now available. Motion offense, press/man defense. B- prestige, coming off an NT berth, four scholarships open this season. Lots of talent left on this team, it's a nice job. 
4/10/2013 11:45 AM
This is a great conference. Nice people and great sportsmanship and a lot of good teams now. 
4/10/2013 10:20 PM
Still torn about leaving a program I've built in Wisconsin Eau Claire. I think I'll have to move to a fuller conference to take the next step. Decisions, decisions...
4/11/2013 9:52 AM
Great Opportunities in D3 Iba--SoCal Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.