Posted by swamphawk22 on 4/11/2013 2:59:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dream76 on 4/11/2013 2:49:00 PM (view original):Isnt American history dominated by spiritualism?
You have no idea what I believe. I don't have time to give you a history lesson or help you understand American politics and law. Get an education. Read history that is untainted by spiritualist nonsense. Make the world a better place for everyone.
Wasnt the whole history of our nation very religious? More than europe over the last 200+ years?
Didnt we vote to make "In God We Trust" our national motto about 60 years ago?
Isnt Religion a huge part of our history?
Why are some trying to deny this?
"I am certainly not an advocate for frequent and untried changes in laws and constitutions. I think moderate imperfections had better be borne with; because, when once known, we accommodate ourselves to them, and find practical means of correcting their ill effects. But I know also, that laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths disclosed, and manners and opinions change with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance also, and keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him w hen a boy, as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barbarous ancestors." Thomas Jefferson
What's funny is that Christians used to be called atheists by the Romans for not worshipping the pagan deities. What will generations down the line think of Christians today?
And as far as Atheist extremism (which is hilarious given that the Westboro Baptist Church even exists...) - Sweden is considered to be the most Atheist country in the world, estimated around 85% of the population to be non-religious.
- They place 4th in a study by Transparency International studying the "least corrupt countries." 9 of the top 10 are considered in the top 25 of most non-religious countries in the world.
- A 2010 study by Press Freedom Index studied the "happiest countries" in the world based on findings from over 100 studies around the world - all but one country (Ireland) in the top 10 are listed among the top 25 of most non-religious.
- Global Information Technology report from 2011, studying the most advanced countries in terms of IT in the world, 8 of the top 10 are in the top 25 of most non-religious.
- Most generous countries when it comes to giving aid to poor countries (per % of GDP), 8 of the top 10 are in to top 25 of most non-religious.
- Global Peace Index, which studies (obviously) the most peaceful countries in the world based on data collected by the Economist Intelligence Unit - 9 of the top 10 are listed in the top 25 most non-religious.
The USA is not listed in the top 10 of any of the five studies above. But yea... religion is totally awesome and logical... no wars are ever started over religion...
Honduras and El Salvador are some of the most religious countries in the world, around 85% religious - they also lead the world in most murders per capita.
4/11/2013 4:19 PM (edited)