All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > End of Game Clock Management-ATTN: Norbert
4/9/2013 3:13 PM
Norbert- I'm just curious if the end of game logic for play time is always 4 seconds in between a run play and a timeout? For example in my most recent game the duration of time elapsed between snap to my player being downed and a timeout by the opposing team was always 4 seconds whether I got 2 yards or 1 yard on the play the time didn't vary. I was hoping you could maybe change it so it's not always 4 seconds maybe vary it as happens in  a normal football game. I have a small sample size of just one 3 and out series otherwise I'd no if the time varied or not better, but as of right now it always seemed stuck at 4 seconds.
4/9/2013 5:38 PM
Time between plays is not fixed, but all plays that fall within a certain degree of results are going to come up about the same time.  If you see a longer play, you should see more time.  That's not to say that the time to run a play cannot be adjusted.  If you see particular examples where you think the time should be longer or shorter, let me know.  There is a minimum time on the plays and it might be 4 seconds and if so, it might just be that I need to adjust that to 3 seconds if you think a 1-yard or TFL play should be 3 seconds.  Keep in mind there is time to start the play running, the actual rushing, and then a small fraction to whistle the play dead, so it's not just how long it takes a player to run 1 yard.

It is not calculating a random time for each play because that saves a little performance in getting random numbers, but I could add that back in.

4/9/2013 6:35 PM
I agree with what your saying entirely I was thinking it should be between 3-5 seconds 4 seems right for a 1-3yd play. Just was curious I'll have to look at more examples and test some games to give better feedback.
4/10/2013 10:39 AM
Games are looking like they are still running pretty fast, so I feel a little more comfortable in adding in some more random number check if we think it will make the game a little more dynamic.
4/10/2013 12:49 PM
This game wasn't broke to begin with in 2.0, just a few minor adjustments is all. I will keep trying this 3.0 for a few more seasons and hopefully after all the SIMS are off my roster there will be similar results to that of 2.0. I just don't feel it's right that we as coaches have to change our strategy with recruiting, depth charts, game planning etc to accommodate the changes from 2.0 to 3.0. It's like starting all over again as a "newbie". Sorry, but i can't accept the fact that what i've built in 2.0 is gonna be irrelevant and gone when the change over happens.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > End of Game Clock Management-ATTN: Norbert

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.