28-team WITWD Prog League: FULL! Topic

28 teams in this progressive league, now entering 1994. Owners for Toronto and Oakland are still needed. DH in AL only. No WW. 12/8 below-average AAA. Minimum 40 games Live required in order to qualify for playoffs and lottery. All postseason games (including play-ins, if any) must be Live. Interleague will begin in 1997. Unlimited keepers.

This is the called the What If Things Were Different progressive league and it is now entering its 10th season. This started with actual rosters in the 1985 season, and then a draft ever since 1986. This has gone to a 3-division + wild-card format in each league ever since 1993, a year earlier than in real life. Florida and Colorado were added in 1993 through an expansion draft and then full participation in the player draft. There will be one final expansion draft before the 1998 player draft, to include Arizona and Tampa Bay, from which each of the 28 pre-existing teams can keep 15 players, then pull back 2 more before Round 2 of the expansion draft, then keep or discard the rest.
4/11/2013 8:01 AM (edited)
TORONTO BLUE JAYS
AL East
SkyDome
Picks 10th every round.
Owner: Keymaster

Curtis, Chad
Jefferies, Gregg
Greenwell, Mike
Fernandez, Tony
Snyder, Cory
Sanders, Reggie
Clark, Will
Lansing, Mike
Felder, Mike
Alomar Jr., Sandy
Pratt, Todd

Key, Jimmy
Hammond, Chris
Gordon, Tom
Henke, Tom
Urbani, Tom
Henry, Doug
Honeycutt, Rick
Brewer, Billy
Stieb, Dave - IR
4/12/2013 7:12 PM (edited)
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS
NL Central
Busch Stadium (I)
Picks 12th every round.
Owner: Keymaster

Pendleton, Terry
Destrade, Orestes
Surhoff, B.J.
Garcia, Carlos
Smith, Ozzie
McGee, Willie
Coleman, Vince
Van Slyke, Andy
Bream, Sid
Haselman, Bill
Rhodes, Karl

Guzman, Juan
Belcher, Tim
Harris, Greg A. (Bos/NYY)
Hernandez, Xavier
Smith, Pete
Monteleone, Rich
Gott, Jim
Lilliquist, Derek
Trlicek, Ricky - IR
Radinsky, Scott - IR
Abbott, Paul - IR
4/21/2013 4:14 AM (edited)
I will take St.Louis...
4/10/2013 12:42 AM
I can probably fill you guys, can someone explain the league a little more for me before i fully commit?
4/10/2013 1:30 AM
OAKLAND ATHLETICS
AL West
Oakland Coliseum
Picks 9th every round plus the final pick of 3rd round.
Owner: Szczubelek

Palmeiro, Rafael
Buhner, Jay
Bordick, Mike
Sprague, Ed
Tettleton, Mickey
Cedeno, Andujar
Strange, Doug
Amaral, Rich
Boston, Daryl
Canseco, Jose
Scarsone, Steve
Mieske, Matt
Parent, Mark
Lewis, Mark

Rijo, Jose
Tapani, Kevin
Erickson, Scott
Miranda, Angel
Jones, Doug
Bottenfield, Kent
Casian, Larry
Grahe, Joe
Nen, Robb
Osborne, Donovan - IR 
Parrett, Jeff - IR
4/12/2013 7:12 PM (edited)
Keymaster has Toronto and St. Louis, and Szczubelek has decided to keep Oakland. We are full!
4/12/2013 7:12 PM

Henry, Doug

chad curtis

Jefferies, Gregg

Greenwell, Mike

Fernandez, Tony

Sanders, Reggie

Clark, Will

Lansing, Mike

Pratt, Todd

Key, Jimmy

Gordon, Tom

Henke, Tom

Urbani, Tom

Hammond, Chris

toronto bluejays

4/18/2013 12:38 AM

Pendleton, Terry

Surhoff, B.J.

Garcia, Carlos

Smith, Ozzie

McGee, Willie

Coleman, Vince

Van Slyke, Andy

Bream, Sid Haselman, Bill

Guzman, Juan Belcher, Tim Harris, Greg A. Hernandez, Xavier

Radinsky, Scott

Abbott, Paul

4/18/2013 1:03 AM
id like to draft but you have removed me from the forum. ill be ****** if you took me out,, after i voluntared to take two **** teams to fill this up and post the keepers,, then remove me because i opposed that ridiculous trade
4/25/2013 11:26 AM
I removed you because you disappeared from the 1952 Jackie Robinson after you drafted and I asked you to enter your team instead of holding up the league 5 days after the draft ended and you completely disregarded it altogether. That was a big F.U. to me and I have no reason to trust you. The team is yours for 1994. When, not if, you disappear again, Josh is ready to take Chipper and/or Jeter for St. Louis.

Next time, man the hell up directly to me instead posting BS about me on these boards, Mr. Eight-Win Season.
4/25/2013 12:10 PM
28-team WITWD Prog League: FULL! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.