I don't post much but I wondered how rare this is.  My Clemson team, with the #1 overall seed, played 4 seed Northwestern in the Sweet 16 last night.  In a rather unbelievable first half, my Clemson team held Northwestern to 12 first half points.  That, I would imagine, is not that rare, though maybe in the Sweet 16 at D1 it is.  What makes this weird is that Northwestern ended up winning the game 51 - 42.  So, to your best recollection, has anybody ever been part of a game where a team scored less in a half and still won? 
4/9/2013 8:30 PM
I would guess the team leading at halftime loses a game close to double digit times per tournament, certainly into the double digits if you include teams that win one half or the other and still lose the game...
4/9/2013 9:34 PM
I think he means less than 12 points*...I frowned after my first read as well.
4/9/2013 9:46 PM
That's not exactly what he's asking.  His question was, does anyone know of a game where a team scored less than 12 points in the first half yet still managed to win the game?

With so many games being simmed each day, it's bound to have happened many times, but it would still be one that would cause you to have to do a double take.

***Looks like Giles beat me to the punch.***
4/9/2013 9:49 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.