Value of GPA and Formation IQ Topic

I'm currently recruiting a QB and have 2 guys considering me.  They are very similar players with one being rated 2 points higher by GUESS.  Who ever I sign will be redshirted then probably start as a RS FR.  The higher rated guy has a 2.5 GPA and 2/8 formation IQ of the sets I wanna use.  Lower guy is 3.7 GPA with a 14/12 formation IQ.  Leaning toward the lower guy due to the formation IQ.  Decent idea or don't even look at GPA/IQ?  Ty
4/9/2013 8:38 PM
what about their potential?  Similar potential?
4/9/2013 9:47 PM
Lower guy has a better potential and higher WE another reason I'm leaning his way.  Figure by the time they are SRs their attributes will be pretty equal.  However IQ will never catch up.
4/9/2013 10:44 PM
I'd go with the lower guy.  I always yield to better potential.  And if they are going to start, the potential is going to help.  Bet the bottom guy ends up the better player without the formation IQs.
4/9/2013 10:53 PM
The way formation IQ has been explained, it's only a 4% difference in the adjustment between minimum and maximum FIQs, That means that in practice, the difference between the two players will be significantly less than 1%. Don't even look at GPA/IQ unless everything else is equal.
4/10/2013 12:34 AM
Value of GPA and Formation IQ Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.