Will He Be Any Good? Topic

Paul Figueroa (20) is currently in his first full season. I'm not sure how much a terrible velocity AND gb/fb ratio will impact him if everything else seems to be good.  I don't know how to post the player text link here so this is what I see with 10 mil in adv.

Stamina  Control   VL   VR   Vel  GB/FB    1      2      3     4     5
Season Start          54           73         56   60     17        3       65  64    37   46   30
Cur                           54           81         63   67     17        3       69  68    41   51   34
Proj                          77          100        87   91     21        2       69  72    54   63   34  
4/10/2013 9:00 AM
10m ADV is not going to give you much in terms of accuracy of projections.  Folloiwing the advancement of his ratings and projecting those out yourself will give you a much better picture, though since he's only in his first full season you don't have a lot to go on.  Still, he's +8 in control, +7 in each of his splits, and +4, +4, +4, +5 amd +4 in his pitches.  That's good advancement.

Low velocity is not that much of a concern.  It just means less strikeouts and more balls put in play.  It's a secondary rating, a "nice to have" but not a critical rating.

I'd be more concerned about the extremely low GB/FB rating.  I'd want him to pitch in a -4 HR park, because he's going to be giving up a lot of long fly balls.
4/10/2013 9:15 AM
Those are really dangerous Vel, GB/FB numbers, but the rest of his skill set is pretty solid.  If it weren't for those two indicators, I would say he's a SP1/SP2.  But because of them, I'd guess he'll likely end up more an SP4 type.  I would expect an ERA in the low 4's.
4/10/2013 12:38 PM
Will He Be Any Good? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.