Redshirt a Junior or Senior? Topic

Has anyone done this?  Do they transfer to another school?  Take a big WE hit?
4/10/2013 5:20 PM
They take a big WE hit. And if a senior more than likely will quit the team. I've done it twice with a senior, and both times they bailed after the season.......
4/11/2013 1:21 AM
It's hit and miss with SRs. I've done it (only once), and the guy stayed.
4/11/2013 8:23 AM
It's a useful tactic sometimes. I've done it under several different circumstances: Pretty good senior stuck behind a stud, with no really good Jr-So backups/Busted a guys WE with a blown promise, and trying to get him to quit so I don't take the hit from cutting him/ Jr that had hit his really high ceiling, and I wanted to drop his overall so he didn't declare early (RS to drop WE, sat him one game, then pulled the RS). It's never going to be a first option, but sometimes it can be the best of a set of bad choices, as long as you know what you're buying. They don't always transfer, but they ALWAYS take the WE hit.
4/11/2013 11:41 AM
By 'transfers' scrodz means that he just quits, vanishes; his bits are converted to electrons and they're scattered to the farthest reaches of the multiverse. He doesn't join another team, and he isn't able to be recruited.
4/11/2013 12:17 PM
It's sort of like the transporter effect from Star Trek; he usually ends up in Canada.
4/11/2013 2:21 PM
Thanks, y'all, for the help.  I've got two sim drafted junior QB's that are about equal and I don't have much behind them.  One's WE is 48 and the other is 64.  I'm thinking I should RS the high WE, so even if it falls a lot, it will still be decent.  Is that the right one to RS?  Thanks.  Hope he doesn't end up in N.Korea. 
4/11/2013 6:02 PM
Redshirt a Junior or Senior? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.