Born in 1987 draft Topic

So I am doing a draft for players that were born in 1987. Buster Posey looks like he is the clear cut top pick. Along with the great seasons he has put up thus far, he should in the future continue to be the best player born in 1987. The 2nd pick is where it gets interesting IMO. Justin Upton, Austin Jackson and Mat Latos all could make cases to be selected next. Who does everyone figure to have the best career when it's all said and done. If he stays in Detroit and keeps up for good D I think Austin Jackson could put up slightly worse numbers than Upton while providing better D. Latos is the best pitcher in this class but I'd like him more if he was still was the padres. Thoughts?
4/11/2013 7:58 PM
I love J-Up, I don't think it's close. This is a guy who had Griffey comps before a bad season last year that may have been caused by a thumb injury. 
4/12/2013 11:46 AM
Really close call between Matt Latos and Justin Upton, but I think I'd go Latos.  First full year pitching his home games in The Great American Bandbox, Latos had a home ERA of 3.18.  Just think what that will drift down to when the kid learns how to pitch?  Legit ace in the making
4/12/2013 12:13 PM
Born in 1987 draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.