Something that's always bothered me... Topic

Why is low potential marked with Red and High potential marked with blue? Is it me or should it be the other way around? When you turn on the sink the blue C is cold water the Red H is hot watter (higher temp) swear to God every year I mess up somebody's practice time because my brain refuses to budge... :)
4/11/2013 8:01 PM
Red typically indicates stop, or bad.  Think stoplights, financial reports, etc.

Imagine the mass confusion if they tried flipping it around at this point.

4/11/2013 8:08 PM
Posted by clouseb on 4/11/2013 8:08:00 PM (view original):
Red typically indicates stop, or bad.  Think stoplights, financial reports, etc.

Imagine the mass confusion if they tried flipping it around at this point.

Haha, yeah flipping is not an option.
4/11/2013 8:11 PM
it was red/green, which makes sense - anyone looking at red/green would think the green was the good (go) option, red was the bad (stop) option.

they changed green -> blue for all the guys with blue green color blindness.
4/11/2013 9:04 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/11/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):
it was red/green, which makes sense - anyone looking at red/green would think the green was the good (go) option, red was the bad (stop) option.

Its actually red/green color blind. So people with that problem werent able to tell the difference between High and Low potential using FSS.
4/11/2013 9:55 PM
lol, of course it is. was thinking about the green -> blue and it just came out twice, pretty silly to suggest you would change from green to blue for someone who cant tell between green and blue :)
4/11/2013 10:03 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/11/2013 9:04:00 PM (view original):

no wonder they didn't like my "four levels of potential: red, green, brown & gray" suggestion 
4/12/2013 4:11 PM
Maybe you can get people to start changing the colors on the faucets.
4/13/2013 12:19 PM
Something that's always bothered me... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.