Coaches needed, Mountain West rebuild Topic

Looking for two DI-qualified coaches to fill a couple of slots in the Mountain West in Rupp.   We're only half-way through the Rupp season, but I wanted to put the word out now so that any interested coaches could reserve a team.

Four seasons ago, a group of coaches decided to join the MWC in an effort to build it into a power conference.  Since then, we've improved the conference from 26th to 8th and sent six teams to the postseason last season.  

We are looking to find coaches for the two remaining SIMAI teams in the conference...

TCU (C-) and Texas Southern (C)

I won't sugarcoat the situation.  You'll be recruiting against some very good Big12 and CUSA teams, but the Fort Worth and Houston markets are full of solid recruits.  These two teams were at the top of the MWC until the rest of us came along and built up our squads.

Consider the challenge of building a power conference without the advantage of high baseline prestige.  I find it much more satisfying then succeeding with a traditional powerhouse (or at least it will be satisfying once I turn New Mex into a dynasty).  Hope you'll join us.

Cheers.
4/13/2013 6:07 PM (edited)
I'm brand new and not D1 qualified but wish y'all the best of luck. As in life, how awesome it is to watch teams from outside the Big 6 build and compete with the billion dollar rule breaking SEC.... I mean, power conferences. Good luck MWC! Go get that conference into the top 6.
4/13/2013 6:08 PM
Season just ended.  Signups are in a few days.  
5/3/2013 4:17 PM
Colorado State is now open as well.
5/5/2013 9:46 AM
Coaches needed, Mountain West rebuild Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.